_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
UNBOXING of Kitty Hawk 1/35 MH-60L
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 02:28 PM UTC
What I got from the broken English, the overseas version will be the only one with the Delta Operators and Crew.

Sorry, I know it's not armor but it is 1/35th.

Kitty Hawk MH-60L
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 417 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 10:36 PM UTC
Love it thanks for the link Pete..
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 11:31 PM UTC
An English (British) version can be seen here: MH-60L Unboxing

It looks to be an awesome kit. From my understanding, the crew and Operators will be included, no matter where it is shipped. Kitty Hawk is showing most of their new kits w/resin figures included. I think this will be their new selling point.
27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 1,222 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 01:18 AM UTC
Good looking kit. Would prefer an option without the figures. If it’s like their Little Bird releases it’ll double the cost.
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 02:29 AM UTC
What are the difference between mh-60L and hh-60g that they will release too? Are this version also used now by us army in Afghanistan ? Or is it a older version ?
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 03:21 AM UTC
The MH-60L is a US Army Special Operations version. It is used by the Army's 160th SOAR (Special Operations Aviation Regiment) to support Special Operations missions. It can be built as a troop carrier, or a DAP (Direct Action Peneatrator) Gunship with external wings and extra weapons. The Kitty Hawk kit specifically has decals to build one of the aircraft from Operation Gothic Serpent (ie. Black Hawk Down, Somalia '93). It also can be built as a more recent model as of a couple years ago. The current version being used by 160th SOAR is the MH-60M, which is quite a bit different.

MH-60L

MH-60L DAP (without nose radar or refueling probe fitted, it could have either or both)

The HH-60G Pave Hawk is a US Air Force CSAR (Combat Search and Rescue) helicopter. It is used to rescue downed pilots and for general medical evacuation/casualty evacuation duties. It can also support Special Operations as a secondary mission. The Kitty Hawk HH-60G is the current version of the aircraft and will have decals for "Pedros" (CSAR nickname) from the recent National Geographic show Inside Combat Rescue that featured them.

HH-60G Pave Hawk w/"Pedro" moustache

They are similar aircraft, but have different equipment, weapons, instruments, etc. based on the missions they perform and the service who operates them. Both types have been used in A'stan and anywhere else the US Army and USAF operate.

For discussion on these and other helo types, kits, etc., come on over to Armorama's sister site helicopter forum, the Aeroscale Rotary Wing Forum; lots of info and good discussion there.
ctkwok
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 03:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What I got from the broken English, the overseas version will be the only one with the Delta Operators and Crew.

Kitty Hawk MH-60L

You've got it backwards, the author said the international version would have figures and Chinese version wouldn't.
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 03:57 AM UTC
Thanks alot for the great info Gino
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 - 06:20 AM UTC
They having the kit on hobbyeasy for just 698 hkd on pre order and it say plastic and resin so i assume the figures are included
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 - 07:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Kitty Hawk MH-60L

You've got it backwards, the author said the international version would have figures and Chinese version wouldn't.

Um, no, you’ve got it backwards. The kit is made in China so the “overseas” version is the kit that will ship to the rest of the world (with figures).
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 11:36 AM UTC
Pete, et. al.,

My helicopter is coming from Amazon tomorrow! I've heard from others that their Amazon models did not come with the resin figures I was hoping for, but we will see what happens when mine shows up tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 12:35 PM UTC
It was also found that the original boxings did not come with the ESSS wing connection point fairings. If yours does not, contact Sofia at Kitty Hawk Customer service and she will send you a set.

[email protected]

These are what may be missing.

_GOTOTOP