_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
The modelling Gods smile upon us, 1/35 Ram!
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 10:26 PM UTC
It's been a long time coming but it looks like we're getting 1 1/35 Ram. It wasn't posted on the first, so hopefully it's not a terrible joke. . .

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 10:45 PM UTC
dhines
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 407 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 11:47 PM UTC
Praise the modelling gods for this one. Any idea when it will be released??????
27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 1,222 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 02:42 AM UTC
Excellent!! Didn’t see that one coming.
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 02:55 AM UTC
Woooah. Nice surprise. If they can make this then maybe we could get a Ram Kangeroo.

A few years ago this would be exotic even by eesin caster standards. Imagine what else could be in the pipeline.

Eegards Jason
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 04:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's been a long time coming but it looks like we're getting 1 1/35 Ram. It wasn't posted on the first, so hopefully it's not a terrible joke. . .

FINALLY!!!

If this turns out to ACTUALLY BE a terrible joke, BRONCO, IMO, will be deluged with complaints from many, MANY fans of Canadian/Allied WWII Armor...

Let's HOPE that this new Ram kit is "for REAL"...
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 09:15 AM UTC
in other news, tamiya will be releasing a 1/35 British Achilles. this is estimated to cost about $51. not sure what that is real money as I don't know the u.s. dollar to the British pound exchange rate.

Andy's hobbies YouTube channel has a review of the kit
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 10:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

in other news, tamiya will be releasing a 1/35 British Achilles. this is estimated to cost about $51. not sure what that is real money as I don't know the u.s. dollar to the British pound exchange rate.

Andy's hobbies YouTube channel has a review of the kit

Hi, David!

Over on the MISSING LYNX hobby site, Brett Greene also did an "in-box review" of the "new" M10/Achilles IIC kit. Apparently, it's based on TAMIYA's older M10 Tank Destroyer kit, with the new parts added, these being pertinent to the Achilles IIC...

$51.00 USD exchanges into 39.003 in British Pounds Sterling- I just checked that for you, 04-04-19 @ 6:35 PM Eastern Time, New York.
snodipous
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 47 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 10:35 AM UTC
There's a 1:1 scale Ram parked outside the armory near where I work!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 10:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

WOW! That means that if BRONCO is SERIOUS in releasing their Ram, you'll be able to crawl all over the Ram near you, and you can fill us all in on what BRONCO got wrong in their kit!!!

Just kidding, of course!

I'm "tickled pink" over this news! Hope that it is REALLY, TRULY TRUE!!!
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 11:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

BCRs on Beatty?
snodipous
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 47 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 11:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

BCRs on Beatty?

Yes indeed
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 11:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

BCRs on Beatty?

Yes indeed

Cool. Been to a few parties there! I live down on Burrard. They have a few cool vehicles in their basement including a very nice Ferret MK II.
panamadan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 1,513 posts
Armorama: 1,449 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 11:47 AM UTC
http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Canadian_Ram_Tanks.pdf
Dan
dhines
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 407 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 12:43 PM UTC
Dan, tanks for the link.Some great pics on it. ....Dale
Mortifa
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 267 posts
Armorama: 196 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 03:23 PM UTC
Something to add to my wish list, really hoping they make a Kangaroo.
gharker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 04:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I used to work on Beatty st.
gharker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 04:34 PM UTC
I suspect that within the week there will be more announced by other companies such as Takom, and Miniart.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 07:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Something to add to my wish list, really hoping they make a Kangaroo.

Yes, same here... A Kangaroo WOULD be the logical follow-on kit, provided the initial Ram kit comes to fruition.

I caution the readers of this thread not to get their hopes up until we ACTUALLY SEE BRONCO RELEASE this new "landmark" kit. Stranger things have happened before, and the disappointments were REAL...

PS- An Australian AC I thru AC IV Sentinal Cruiser Tank(s) and/or a British Covenanter would be nice, even though they were only used in Training...
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 - 02:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, David!

Over on the MISSING LYNX hobby site, Brett Greene also did an "in-box review" of the "new" M10/Achilles IIC kit. Apparently, it's based on TAMIYA's older M10 Tank Destroyer kit, with the new parts added, these being pertinent to the Achilles IIC...
)

Amazing that an all new kit from 2006 qualifies as older. This is the newest M10 series kit, all the previous dating to last century with the recent Academy tweaks of 2014 still not covering the Achilles.

I remember that Miniart shared their CAD of the Valentine allowing Bronco to do their kits. So maybe Miniart shared the CAD of their upcoming M3 series to give Bronco a jump start on this. That could mean there will be no Miniart Ram. But what about Takom?

And considering what Bronco did with their Airborne jeeps when they do a Kangaroo it could have a load of troops with it.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 - 05:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi, David!

)

Amazing that an all new kit from 2006 qualifies as older. This is the newest M10 series kit, all the previous dating to last century with the recent Academy tweaks of 2014 still not covering the Achilles.

I remember that Miniart shared their CAD of the Valentine allowing Bronco to do their kits. So maybe Miniart shared the CAD of their upcoming M3 series to give Bronco a jump start on this. That could mean there will be no Miniart Ram. But what about Takom?

And considering what Bronco did with their Airborne jeeps when they do a Kangaroo it could have a load of troops with it.

Hi, Steve!

I wouldn't exactly call a 13-year-old kit "new", unless the "2006" date is a "typo" and was meant to read: "2016"...

I mean, here in the 'States, the New Car Dealers and the major Car Magazines are already making noises about the 2020 models!!!

You know, it's a funny thing about model kit announcements, ESPECIALLY when it is of a WWII US/Allied subject- Does anyone remember when AFV CLUB first announced their Early M5A1 Stuarts? FIVE YEARS went by before we finally saw them in the Hobby Shops, or were able to buy them from the big Hobby Outlets. And then AFV CLUB announced that they were going to release their M5A1 Late Stuarts. Several more years went by. Then, the clincher:

AFV CLUB announced an "All-New Tooling" 75mm M8 HMC (Howitzer Motor Carriage)... THAT ONE didn't happen AT ALL... Neither did the AFV CLUB M48A3...

Now, I realize that AFV CLUB is NOT BRONCO, but BRONCO can be a bit slow with WWII US/Allied subject matter as well. Remember how long it took BRONCO to finally get their Horsa Gliders out onto the Hobby Shops' shelves..?

You NEVER KNOW; in light of WWII German stuff's "popularity", BRONCO may yet "jump on the bandwagon" and join in the current fray by producing Panthers and Tiger Is of their own, in lieu of this Ram Mk.II...

ALL I'm saying is that I'm not going to hold my breath till the "Ram Mk.II kit" finally arrives ready for purchase. I've searched on line, and have yet to find ANYTHING, even from BRONCO, which is "announcing" or "coming soon", in relation to this new Ram.

To be sure, WWII US/Allied FANATIC that I am, I WILL buy one or two of these Rams, IF and when they become available. As to Kangaroos, THOSE are absolutely, still "pie-in-the-sky" as of this posting, at least from BRONCO. And IF BRONCO should do a Kangaroo, "a bunch of Troops", I think, would be wishful thinking; think of the "extra" tooling expense involved in adding a bunch of Troops. The "new kit of the Kangaroo", when we haven't even seen the actual Ram kit yet, will no doubt "break the bank", taking into consideration what plastic model kits cost these days... An "all-new Kangaroo" kit in 1/35 scale, will necessitate AN INTERIOR, which will add another big expense in tooling...

I say, (and this goes for ALL of us), "HOLD YOUR HORSES", before you start spending money that you haven't even made yet, on stuff that hasn't even been made yet by BRONCO!!!

I HOPE I'M WRONG, and I hope that we will see the BRONCO Ram Mk.II kit soon!!! Then, maybe we can start pining for a Kangaroo...
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 - 11:50 AM UTC
Gents, unlike some other manufacturers Bronco are not a company to announce something then not deliver. I would expect this in the next few months being Bronco (Their usual lead time. I wouldn't be panicking by their website as some items that have been released took a few months to catchup on the website. Happy days
Al.
Al
clovis899
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 774 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 - 12:03 PM UTC
Dennis,
Yes, I'm sure that is a typo from Steve, the Tamiya M-10 (all new BTW with nothing in common from the 70s kit) is a new tooling from 2016. So, not old at all.

Cheers,
Rick
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 - 11:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dennis,
Yes, I'm sure that is a typo from Steve, the Tamiya M-10 (all new BTW with nothing in common from the 70s kit) is a new tooling from 2016. So, not old at all.

Cheers,
Rick

Is indeed a typo. 2016. But 2006 ain't that old. Not even legal in most states.

To me anything released THIS century is current. Even 2006 is new compared to the execrable hoary things Tamiya feels compelled to maintain in their catalog. If I see one more build of their Panther A
Better off with those chibi caricature tanks.

And at the same time I like building those horrible middle-aged Monogram Sherman's. Not quite ready to join AARP but getting there at 44 years old.

Even the schizophrenic Monogram halftracks that are past retirement age from the 1950s But not that Tamiya Panther A.

Bronco is great at releasing what they say they will. The glider got delayed because of its size. It was a big project and they get delayed. But if Bronco has the head start with the Miniart CAD of the hull and suspension like they did with the Valentine it shouldn't be too long.

While were at it how about a T23 US medium tank? Huh? All these Vk panzer whatever but no T23? There were a 100 of them built.
 _GOTOTOP