_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
IBG 1/35 Bedford QLT
Simple64
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 33 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 - 04:20 PM UTC
Since I succeeded in posting some pics on another thread I thought I would share some photos of my recently completed Bedford QLT.
A number of firsts for me with this.
First IBG kit I have built. Not the greatest kit in the world but not bad either. The plastic was very soft & I learnt very quickly to go easy with the liquid cement.
The clear parts are quite thick & there are a couple of air bubbles in the passenger side windscreen. I also used the Eduard etch set.
First time posting photos of a completed model on any website.
First time using AK & mig acrylics as I generally only use Tamiya acrylics.
I used mig SCC-15 for the green & AK flat black for the camo pattern.
I had trouble to start with using the mig paint as I tried spraying it like I do with Tamiya paint with a nice wet coat but it just pooled & ran everywhere. I found a couple of videos on YouTube showing how to use the mig paints just misting it on & slowly building up the coats & it worked fine after that.
I ended up hand painting the black as trying to mask it up was a nightmare.
I used AK ultra matte clear for the first time also & this has to be misted on gently as well.
Mig pigment Europe dust was used for weathering.
I scribed in the padding for the hatch in the roof.

Comments criticisms gladly accepted.

Mortifa
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 267 posts
Armorama: 196 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 - 06:18 PM UTC
Nice job, well done.
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2019 - 08:57 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing!
What a beautiful truck you build.
I do have the complete QL series from IBG, all of them updated with etch sets and resin wheels.
Hopefully IBG will bring us the airplane tanker with the arms in 1/35 soon as well.
Simple64
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 33 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 12:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for sharing!
I do have the complete QL series from IBG, all of them updated with etch sets and resin wheels.
Hopefully IBG will bring us the airplane tanker with the arms in 1/35 soon as well.

Hi Paul thanks for your comment.
I have the QLD & Bofors Gun Tractor also waiting to be built. I recently received the PART etch set for the QLD which is far more comprehensive than the Eduard set even including the front mudguards & gas detection plate.
I would be interested in knowing which manufacturer of resin wheels you mentioned.
Yes an aircraft refueller would be very nice too.
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 03:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Paul thanks for your comment.
I have the QLD & Bofors Gun Tractor also waiting to be built. I recently received the PART etch set for the QLD which is far more comprehensive than the Eduard set even including the front mudguards & gas detection plate.
I would be interested in knowing which manufacturer of resin wheels you mentioned.
Yes an aircraft refueller would be very nice too.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hussar-productions-35092-bedford-wheels--223583
 _GOTOTOP