_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
ZLPLA: Girls in Action
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 08:41 PM UTC

ZLPLA has recently added a new figure to their Girls in Action series

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 09:13 PM UTC
Although far from my interest zone, some of these could be used as civilians or in different post-apocalyptic scenarios.

I do wonder what the resin is like, though.

Mario
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 09:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Although far from my interest zone, some of these could be used as civilians or in different post-apocalyptic scenarios.

I do wonder what the resin is like, though.

Mario

Thank You, Carlos!

I can already see the complaints lining up:

"WHY didn't they make an SS Panther Crew?"

"Why did they come up with THESE USELESS THINGS?!?"

"Why didn't they this, why didn't they that, etc, etc, etc???"

Save it! These figures are intended for a different niche of figure-modeling, of whom SOME of us DO engage in. Carlos is only making us aware of these figures' existence, that's all...

I think they're cute, and SOME of us will have uses for them...
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 10:04 PM UTC
Some are just normal standing women in normal clothes in addition to the sexed up anime/manga battle girl types.

I did a diorama with a couple of soldiers showing off for some young women at an open house. There was also another one talking to an old veteran. Great chance to do something different. Real tankers love showing attractive young ladies all over their big steel things.

But in our obsession with all things combat we forget about the other half of humanity. I like that one sitting in the dress. Tempting to perch her on a turret top.
pod3105
Visit this Community
Waterford, Ireland
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 10:54 PM UTC
Some very useful figures there for any number of ideas and settings. Would be interested to see them in the flesh- so to speak...
Removed by original poster on 04/11/19 - 15:28:17 (GMT).
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 771 posts
Armorama: 750 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 03:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Some are just normal standing women in normal clothes in addition to the sexed up anime/manga battle girl types.

I did a diorama with a couple of soldiers showing off for some young women at an open house. There was also another one talking to an old veteran. Great chance to do something different. Real tankers love showing attractive young ladies all over their big steel things.

But in our obsession with all things combat we forget about the other half of humanity. I like that one sitting in the dress. Tempting to perch her on a turret top.

Your idea of putting the figure in the dress on top of a turret is very cool. I could easily see a Reforger DIO with here sitting on top of an M60A1 or A3
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 04:55 AM UTC
Cheesy, cheesy.
gatorbait
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 09:29 AM UTC
I can see at least three of these as Colombian Policia Nacional .
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 11:20 AM UTC
I could use at least one of them for my Chinese wife, who thankfully is a lot younger than I am.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 12:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I could use at least one of them for my Chinese wife, who thankfully is a lot younger than I am.

I think I am misunderstanding your statement, as I don't believe you mean to take one of the figures as your wife, right?
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 01:05 PM UTC
The part AFTER the comma should clarify that I would think.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 01:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The part AFTER the comma should clarify that I would think.

Well, the figures are relatively new, so in effect younger...

Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 02:51 PM UTC
Lame. Suitable for guys who live in their parent's basement and have never gone out with a real girl. Or are planning a weird diorama.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 08:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Lame. Suitable for guys who live in their parent's basement and have never gone out with a real girl. Or are planning a weird diorama.

Apparently, YOU have a pretty low opinion of people who happen to have a broader mind-set than you do. I DO NOT live in my parent's basement, which is actually ONE of MY houses, I've been married and divorced and I have had DOZENS of girlfriends in my lifetime, including the girl that I happen to be seeing at this moment. I LIKE doing girl-figures, and I don't do "weird" dioramas.

YOU are the one that is being "lame"...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 08:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Cheesy, cheesy.

That's YOUR opinion. Read my first post in this thread...

PS- I like my pizza cheesy, too...
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 11:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Cheesy, cheesy.

After discovering that in my 20s that I was lactose intolerant; and it has gotten more intolerant over the years; this is the only cheese I can have these days.

And weird is in the eyes of the beholder, especially those lacking in imagination.

Go to Deviantart sometime and you'll see some very healthy wonderful people who think your obsession with tanks and planes is where weirdness lies.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 - 12:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheesy, cheesy.

After discovering that in my 20s that I was lactose intolerant; and it has gotten more intolerant over the years; this is the only cheese I can have these days.

And weird is in the eyes of the beholder, especially those lacking in imagination.

Go to Deviantart sometime and you'll see some very healthy wonderful people who think your obsession with tanks and planes is where weirdness lies.

HEAR-HEAR!!!
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 - 12:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheesy, cheesy.

HEAR-HEAR!!!

An anecdote, when a woman in barely there cosplay tells you, you are are the geeky one with your "molded bits of plastic collecting dust" and obsessing over rivets on military machinery -- tends to change your point of view.

M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 - 12:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheesy, cheesy.

HEAR-HEAR!!!

An anecdote, when a woman in barely there cosplay tells you, you are are the geeky one with your "molded bits of plastic collecting dust" and obsessing over rivets on military machinery -- tends to change your point of view.

Mmm, yeah... That's food for thought... Sounds like a good idea for a mini-vignette: A heavily-converted 1/35 Guy sitting at his little 1/35 workbench, bent over, wearing those silly-looking "Magnifier Goggles", working on some tiny 1/1200 Tank-or-other, and the Wife is staring at him with one of those expressions on her face that says,

"Why can't I have the attention that he gives those STUPID model kits..?"

BTW- I visited Deviantart for a few minutes, and I happened upon kind of a cute cartoon-picture of an M3A1 Lee (Cast Hull); the Commander had a big grin on his face and his arms were outstretched, as if the Tank were flying... I experienced a quiet little guffaw over that...
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 - 12:17 PM UTC
oh-kay...seems I hit a bit of a raw nerve. You guys go on now and have your fun. 'nuff said.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 - 12:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheesy, cheesy.

Well, it's not pizza without it, so...you're kinda dumb not to, right? Nothing wrong with a little cheese in one's diet.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 - 12:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have a father-in-law (I don't consider him an actual F-i-l as he is only 14 years older than me, and likes to lecture me on history I also lived through.) who on a visit a few years ago, came down to see my office. Even though I had planes of most every major nation involved in WWII hanging or on shelves, the only thing he could fixate on were the few with swastikas on their tails. He turned to me and asked me, "Why would you build stuff like this?", knowing full well my paternal grandfather was a LtCol in the Marine Air Corps in WWII and Korea and that I have had a lifelong interest in history in general, let alone military. This coming from a guy who actually discharged from the Marines during Vietnam after suffering a leg injury on a carrier (typical launch deck crap and being in wrong place/wrong time). Certainly he knows fellow vets with similar interests?

All he thought was "OMIGERD NAZEES!!!!111" instead of something more normal like, "Wow, this guy sure has an obsession with models. I wonder what my wife is up too upstairs?" Sometimes things that guy would say had me questioning his service if it wasn't for the pic of him in uniform. But he could be pulling an L. Ron Hubbard, for all I know...

Anyway, everyone does something someone else is going to find cheesy, stupid or a waste of time so why allow them to get you worked up? My students right now think building models is boring, but then again all of them have criminal records because they were out doing things other than staying home building models so their opinion is invalid AFAIC.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 - 08:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

oh-kay...seems I hit a bit of a raw nerve. You guys go on now and have your fun. 'nuff said.

Thank you, Frank... WE WILL...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 - 08:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheesy, cheesy.

Well, it's not pizza without it, so...you're kinda dumb not to, right? Nothing wrong with a little cheese in one's diet.

I've seen pizza made WITHOUT cheese... Though I would have to say that there were other ingredients on it, not that I would get my pizza without cheese. It's a matter of taste, or LACTOSE INTOLERANCE, so you shouldn't call anyone "dumb" because they have their pizza without cheese...
 _GOTOTOP