_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
DEF Model: Korean War Refugees
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 - 08:13 PM UTC

And a last bit of news from DEF, a very interesting figure set portraying refugees from Korean War era.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 771 posts
Armorama: 750 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 08:54 AM UTC
That's a very cool looking figure(s). Any kits or figures related to the Korean War are of interest to me so I'll grab these.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 10:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

And a last bit of news from DEF, a very interesting figure set portraying refugees from Korean War era.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Thank You, Mario!

How sad... A lot of pathos, there...

But I think that this set of figures can be very useful in any type of dio or vignette set in one of the Asian countries...

"Refuses", huh? Hm! Should read: "Refugees"... Looks like DEF Models needs to get a proper "Korean-to-English Translator" app for their computers and their label printers...

"Grammar Police" remarks need not apply; if one can't make a joke, anymore...
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 09:24 PM UTC
nice to see figures for this era
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 09:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

"Refuses", huh? Hm! Should read: "Refugees"... Looks like DEF Models needs to get a proper "Korean-to-English Translator" app for their computers and their label printers...

Dennis,

Look at her face in that image "Korean refuses " It's pinched in disapproval. She's turning something down. She really is refusing something.

All the other images say Korean refugees except the first one with that look of disdain? Disgust? Lactose intolerance on being offered another Hershey bar?
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 10:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Dennis,

Look at her face in that image "Korean refuses " It's pinched in disapproval. She's turning something down. She really is refusing something.

All the other images say Korean refugees except the first one with that look of disdain? Disgust? Lactose intolerance on being offered another Hershey bar?

Hi, Steve!

She could also be looking at some Chi-com T-34 TC with that "look" because they put an HE round through her EX-house... From what I've read, South Korean citizens were usually pretty friendly towards GIs...
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2019 - 09:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

But I think that this set of figures can be very useful in any type of dio or vignette set in one of the Asian countries...

I disagree that this set can be used in other Asian countries' war scenes because the outfits are depicting the traditional Korean attire (if you care about the historical accuracy like GI's uniforms, etc.). The figures are based on an actual Korean War photo from June 1951. See below:

_GOTOTOP