_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
best collection of M60 interior photos??
swede82
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 135 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2019 - 07:07 AM UTC
Looking for personal likes for the M60 interior detail photos. Considering using for the new M728 CEV. Only the commanders and drivers hatches will be open but want to have more than a partial drivers compartment and so-so view into the commanders area. AFV supplies "Some" stuff for the driver and the same for the commanders cupola, still a good bit could be added. Any and all likes will be appreciated!!!!!
Swede
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2019 - 09:33 AM UTC
There are some interior views on svsm.org :

M60
http://svsm.org/gallery/m60?page=3

M60A1
http://svsm.org/gallery/M60A1?page=2

M728 Operator's Manual :

https://www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-9-2350-222-10-1.pdf

H.P.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2019 - 11:50 AM UTC
The turret layout of the 728 will be a bit different,as it has the demolition gun, no rangefinder,and a different breech.
swede82
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 01:50 AM UTC
Great photos, thanks FrenchY!!!! TankCarl, hard to belive but AFV included a yube, breech and breech handle with the kit. I am leaving the loaders hatch closed so I only need to spif up what can be seen through the commanders cupola hatch. AFV givbes a good bit of detail for the cupola, including molding the top part of the turret in clear. I noticed that legands makes a cupola for the '60 but only show one photo from the front so haven't had the time to contact them for more info. Need to see if the added cost will accomplish much. I crewed a CEV for a while in Vietnam with the 25th inf. while with the 65th Cbt. Eng. Battalion in '69. Why I was glad they finally released the kit, can build something besides the M-113 that I was on. Was around the Sheridan a bit when I was with the 82nd Abn., again in Vietnam, on my first tour. But was a ground pounding combat engineer with them. Same with the 25th, only on the CEV a couple months to fill in as a loader, REALLY boring duty, wasn't used a lot. Glad to get back out with the Grunts!
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 02:08 AM UTC
With all the new M60 kits around, has nobody ever considered releasing an interior set? Black Dog maybe?
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 02:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great photos, thanks FrenchY!!!! TankCarl, hard to belive but AFV included a yube, breech and breech handle with the kit. I am leaving the loaders hatch closed so I only need to spif up what can be seen through the commanders cupola hatch. AFV givbes a good bit of detail for the cupola, including molding the top part of the turret in clear. I noticed that legands makes a cupola for the '60 but only show one photo from the front so haven't had the time to contact them for more info. Need to see if the added cost will accomplish much. I crewed a CEV for a while in Vietnam with the 25th inf. while with the 65th Cbt. Eng. Battalion in '69. Why I was glad they finally released the kit, can build something besides the M-113 that I was on. Was around the Sheridan a bit when I was with the 82nd Abn., again in Vietnam, on my first tour. But was a ground pounding combat engineer with them. Same with the 25th, only on the CEV a couple months to fill in as a loader, REALLY boring duty, wasn't used a lot. Glad to get back out with the Grunts!

Maybe these pics will help?
http://www-legend.co.kr/portfolio/lf1249-m60-tank-cupola/
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 02:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

With all the new M60 kits around, has nobody ever considered releasing an interior set? Black Dog maybe?

I shopped the idea around several years ago to a few different companies, and it seems the best we got was a cupola interior set. The juice isn't worth the squeeze, as they say. Now for larger vehicles that you can see into i.e. MRAPS, SPGs, there seems to be a better market.
swede82
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 05:42 AM UTC
True that. The only almost success was a spanish company M4 models. They advertised an M60 interior but, although they apparently are still around, no interior and no way I have found to contact them. There is a hobby shop in Madrid that carries some of their other resin products, no interior. I ferreted this article out of Fine Scale that has been a great help for me ....http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_subjects/f/3/t/165990.aspx?page=1 , but he didn't finish the series. I have sent an E mail to him in the hopes he may have done so but not published in Fine Scale. And the Odyssey continues ........
swede82
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 06:10 AM UTC
Thanks for the reverse photo of the cupola, I may just go that route even considering the clear glass available with the the kit cupola.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 06:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I ferreted this article out of Fine Scale that has been a great help for me ...http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_subjects/f/3/t/165990.aspx?page=1 , but he didn't finish the series. I have sent an E mail to him in the hopes he may have done so but not published in Fine Scale...

Pavel has started a new project where he started the CAD for a 3D interior for an M60. You can check it out here.
Bigmodel
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 06:55 PM UTC
Here are my photos for M60A1 and photos for the interior of the M60A1.

http://bigmodel1200.blogspot.com/2019/05/m60a1.html

swede82
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 05:18 AM UTC
Big Model...those are GREAT!!!!!!!! I really appreciate those, just what I needed! Heavy Arty...yeah, have been in contact with Pawel, he said he felt interest was wanning on the continuing of the series. I made it clear to him that I managed to "steal" a number of ideas from it. Also had he finished. He said that he kinda moved sideways from it in favor of the 3 D printer stuff. He sent me some drawings that look good, but, he really needs dimensions and size of spacing to do it right. I have tried to find one of the Open Turret trainers that used to be around to measure it up but no go so far. The only M60A1 open, running, complete with operating main gun is in Nevada, imagine that. I'm in Ohio so its a little stretch for that. Maybe someone in that part of the country will read this and maybe, just maybe be able to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcoeUr61NPU
swede82
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 09:47 AM UTC
Hans, The file came through great!!!!! Now THOSE are some great pics. They show everything I need!!! I sent the file on to Pawel to see if they might help him as well.Would love to see him start producing interior parts for the armor. Just the main basic parts would really help. Again, thanks my friend!!!!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 - 09:01 AM UTC
A great reference book is also the Hunnicutt Patton book. In paperback is not price-prohibitive. A lot of diagrams and such,,,,didnt see a lot on teh CEV interior...but a wealth of stuff on the M48/M60 series
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 - 03:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hans, The file came through great!!!!! Now THOSE are some great pics. They show everything I need!!! I sent the file on to Pawel to see if they might help him as well.Would love to see him start producing interior parts for the armor. Just the main basic parts would really help. Again, thanks my friend!!!!!

There was no word that the file can be used other than for your own purposes. I would have like to get informed BEFORE you did!
 _GOTOTOP