_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Any news on the Rye Field Sheridan?
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 11:28 AM UTC
It's been well over six months since the RFM Sheridan was announced. Has anyone heard anything more about it? It was announced about the same time as their Marder I think, yet that kit has been out for several months now. I'd like to think "it's right around the corner" and I believe they were looking at a May release, but there's absolutely nothing on their FB page. This is one kit I've been looking forward to for a while. Am I just looking in the wrong places?
VR, Russ
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 02:09 PM UTC
You might want to consider the possibility - as remote and fantastical as it may seem - that they haven't said anything more and it hasn't been released yet.

KL
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 02:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You might want to consider the possibility - as remote and fantastical as it may seem - that they haven't said anything more and it hasn't been released yet.

KL

Right. I know it hasn't been released yet-- that's why I'm asking-- last time I checked, it was supposed to be May. It's now May.
VR, Russ
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 07:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

KL

Right. I know it hasn't been released yet-- that's why I'm asking-- last time I checked, it was supposed to be May. It's now May.
VR, Russ

It is the fourth of May, still 27 days left of this month
system
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 364 posts
Armorama: 363 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 07:13 PM UTC
The Shizuoka Hobby Show starts next week on May 8th and a lot of manufacturers will sit on their news until then, so fingers crossed...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2019 - 09:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It's been well over six months since the RFM Sheridan was announced. Has anyone heard anything more about it? It was announced about the same time as their Marder I think, yet that kit has been out for several months now. I'd like to think "it's right around the corner" and I believe they were looking at a May release, but there's absolutely nothing on their FB page. This is one kit I've been looking forward to for a while. Am I just looking in the wrong places?
VR, Russ

Hi, Russ!

1. I wouldn't hold my breath...

2. I wouldn't hold my breath...

3. I wouldn't hold my breath...

Model companies have a wonderful way of announcing a certain kit, then coming up with beautiful CAD images and even proposed "box art". Then, to add to the suspense, they don't release the damned things for another 5 years, if at all...

I've become accustomed to NOT waiting with bated breath. If it happens, "GREAT!!!" If not, "Eh..." So what... It's NOT the end of the world. THIS personal philosophy of mine applies to ANYTHING, not only for anticipated model kits...
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 03:40 AM UTC
So in response to my original question, I guess no one has heard or seen anything. That's fine, I just wondered if I'd missed it.
VR, Russ
Scarred
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 04:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

KL

VR, Russ

This May? Next May? James May? Three Mays from now? As long as it comes out in a May they can't be accused of lying.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 07:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So in response to my original question, I guess no one has heard or seen anything. That's fine, I just wondered if I'd missed it.
VR, Russ

One consolation, Russ- When/IF RFM FINALLY releases this thing, we know that it will probably be a nice kit, the operative word being "probably"...
Kenaicop
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 1,316 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 03:08 AM UTC
https://www.themodellingnews.com/2019/05/its-official-2019-is-year-of-sherman.html#more
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 06:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2019/05/its-official-2019-is-year-of-sherman.html#more

Yes, I’ve seen this, thanks, but its even more disconcerting to me— they have sprue shots of a previously un-announced kit (theM4A3E8 Sherman) but nothing other than the box art for the Sheridan, which they’ve had since last fall. Oh well, at least they’ve updated their website and it’s still there— that’s something.
VR, Russ
Kenaicop
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 1,316 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 06:13 AM UTC
You know, I posted that before my morning coffee, I saw Sherman, not Sheridan, sorry guys!
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 02:34 AM UTC
Well, I'm "resurrecting" this post just to see what happens. It's been several months, and still no news on this release, which was supposed to be in May 2019 last I heard. It's still advertised by RFM on the left side of this internet page, (which is a good thing) it's still on the RFM website with sprue shots, but it's been surpassed now by releases of other RFM serials (this kit is 5020--they are up to 5028 now). I see there's at least one aftermarket decal set specifically for the TTS kit verision (strange, since nobody has seen the kit yet). Has anyone heard anything about a possible release date?
VR, Russ
stephane
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 432 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 04:00 AM UTC
On their Facebook page RFM posted today that the kit is due for next month...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 04:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That means if we actually see it within the next 5 YEARS, we should count ourselves as "lucky"...

PS- Refer to my first post in this thread, specifically:

1. "I wouldn't hold my breath..."

2. "I wouldn't hold my breath..."

3. "I wouldn't hold my breath..."
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 04:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So was this posted June or July?

So does that mean this month July or next month of August or are we to assume friction and it not be available until September?
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 05:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

So was this posted June or July?

So does that mean this month July or next month of August or are we to assume friction and it not be available until September?

Read my previous post, above. That means POSSIBLY before September, 2024...
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 05:27 AM UTC
According to their recent FB update, August....aling with a Syrian T34 SPG

https://m.facebook.com/pg/ryefieldmodel/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 05:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

According to their recent FB update, August....aling with a Syrian T34 SPG

https://m.facebook.com/pg/ryefieldmodel/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

WHAT! No new Panthers and Tigers?!?

We'll see...
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 06:12 AM UTC
Thank you Stephane and Julian for the only useful “non-snarky” replies. So if August is the expected release date from their FB page (I don’t do FB), I guess we’ll expect to see it in the States sometime before Xmas 2019. At least that’s something to look forward to.
VR, Russ
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 08:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you Stephane and Julian for the only useful “non-snarky” replies. So if August is the expected release date from their FB page (I don’t do FB), I guess we’ll expect to see it in the States sometime before Xmas 2019. At least that’s something to look forward to.
VR, Russ

×××××

I like the fact it's a Desert Storm version - this gives the Tamiya Nam version a good market as well as their own.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 10:00 AM UTC
I would say the snarky remarks as you call them are just peoples reactions based on past experience of what model manufacturers have announced, shown etc, but then either released them ages afterwards, sometimes years, or never at all.

I guess the best option is to wait and see images of the plastic in the box to know that the kit has finally been released.

I'm guessing like most of us it's not like you haven't got a pile of other unmade kits in your stash you could be getting on with in the meantime.
trickymissfit
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,357 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 10:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

VR, Russ

×××××

I like the fact it's a Desert Storm version - this gives the Tamiya Nam version a good market as well as their own.

RFM Sheridan is supposed to do either one
Glt
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 11:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

VR, Russ

×××××

Glt

That means I get to build TWO of them!!! In 2024...
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 11:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

VR, Russ

×××××

Glt

That means I get to build TWO of them!!! In 2024...

Would that be before or after building the M8 HMC?
Curious mind wants to know ....
Cheers / Robin
 _GOTOTOP