_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
The Walrus - Anti-gravity Recon Unit
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,264 posts
Armorama: 1,763 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 07:19 PM UTC
This is something different than the norm but with military attributes. Some may not like it but those that do, here you go.

I started off with the IDF Nagmachon APC kit from Hobbyboss, that I received as a reward for the ‘Random Award’ in November 2017. I then converted the kit into a hover unit using the kits original parts only, making up about 98% of the bulk of the vehicle. The only scratch build parts and foreign items used in this built, was the rear panel, with the rounded exhausts mounted on; a few white styrene here and there, and empty asthma canisters used for the four engines. The weaponry were modified and extra parts added to give them a distinctive look from my box of ‘Misc’ model parts from other kits I have collected over the years. The name ‘Walrus’ was given due to the shape and size of the overall look of the vehicle.

This might work well for future generations in particular harsh land areas...

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 07:38 PM UTC
Interesting
A clever way to reduce the size of the left-overs box
Good job with the painting/weathering.

Since this craft is supposed to be able to go off-road in a serious way I would like to suggest an improvement, from a usability point of view. When going through vegetation it is not a good idea to have things sticking out that could get caught on trees and bushes. If I were you I would add bars or cages to guide obstacles/vegetation around the propulsion units.
The weapons don't need it since they can be moved inboard when needed but the propulsion units are always exposed.
/ Robin
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 07:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Interesting
A clever way to reduce the size of the left-overs box
Good job with the painting/weathering.

Since this craft is supposed to be able to go off-road in a serious way I would like to suggest an improvement, from a usability point of view. When going through vegetation it is not a good idea to have things sticking out that could get caught on trees and bushes. If I were you I would add bars or cages to guide obstacles/vegetation around the propulsion units.
The weapons don't need it since they can be moved inboard when needed but the propulsion units are always exposed.
/ Robin

Thank you. Good point made.
Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 01:08 AM UTC
I really envy you guys that have the creativity and imagination to come up with such neat stuff. While I consider myself to be a good modeler the one thing I cannot do is to visualize/conceptualize original ideas. Sadly I just don't seem to have a brain that works that way. Very cool.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 04:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I really envy you guys that have the creativity and imagination to come up with such neat stuff. While I consider myself to be a good modeler the one thing I cannot do is to visualize/conceptualize original ideas. Sadly I just don't seem to have a brain that works that way. Very cool.

Well, I can't play tennis. I haven't practiced one second which might explain my inability.
Ability consists to more than 50% of training/practice.
Start off small and go from there.
/ Robin
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2019 - 05:35 PM UTC
I hear you Robin.
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2019 - 12:15 AM UTC
that's an amazing build, well done indeed. I too have a stash of I inhalers so I think I have found a use for them
 _GOTOTOP