_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
The M972F Truck
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,264 posts
Armorama: 1,763 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 08:11 PM UTC
This is a heavy modification of the M915 kit from Trumpeter. As always I decided to spice things up a bit as usual. I wanted to do something different. So I kitbashed the trailer and tractor, that came along in this kit, to bring forth this combo unit. As far as I know this truck version does not exist. But it could have been plausible.

The name came about by using the first number of the M915 and the 2 last digits of the M872 trailer. Hence, M972, which is a combination of both. The 'F' stands, simply, for flatbed.

The Hitachi excavator is from Hasegawa which I built as a burnt out cab model, which I was inspired by seeing a similar photo of one on the net. Hope you all like it regardless

ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,300 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 09:00 PM UTC
Beautiful! Excellent execution of a great idea!
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 09:37 PM UTC
Cool idea and a job well done!
/ Robin
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 11:31 PM UTC
Thanks guys.
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 08:54 PM UTC
Stunning work! Thought for a moment it was real.

Regards Jason
Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 09:44 PM UTC
Really love the look of the Hitachi.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 - 12:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This is a heavy modification of the M915 kit from Trumpeter. As always I decided to spice things up a bit as usual. I wanted to do something different. So I kitbashed the trailer and tractor, that came along in this kit, to bring forth this combo unit. As far as I know this truck version does not exist. But it could have been plausible.

The name came about by using the first number of the M915 and the 2 last digits of the M872 trailer. Hence, M972, which is a combination of both. The 'F' stands, simply, for flatbed.

The Hitachi excavator is from Hasegawa which I built as a burnt out cab model, which I was inspired by seeing a similar photo of one on the net. Hope you all like it regardless

BEAUTIFUL!!! THIS IS REEEEALLY "Thinking Outside of the Box"!!!
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 - 07:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

BEAUTIFUL!!! THIS IS REEEEALLY "Thinking Outside of the Box"!!!

Guilty as charged. That's kinda me in a nut shell. Thanks everyone for responding.
 _GOTOTOP