_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M109A6
mertox
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 01:09 PM UTC
This kit was my first self propelled gun. It is the Italeri kit that the Tamiya is a rebox of. It was a superbly fun kit to build and was my first time trying out some hand made stowage. I know have several SPGs in my collection, but this one is still my favorite.

thx1138
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 05:01 AM UTC
Looks really nice. I think you can definitely build more SPG's. One can never have enough of them

I do wish for some more pictures made with daylight outside. I think this will show a lot more.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 05:11 AM UTC
Pictures with better light conditions would make it justice for sure.
I noticed you glued the German smoke grenades launchers on the right side of the turret just in front of the .50 MG. You need to remove them as they are not a US M109A6 feature.

Olivier
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 09:26 AM UTC
The signs on back are way too big. Only the "Stay Back..." sign would be carried as well. The others are not something you would commonly see, esp. the Molan Abe sign, which is most commonly associated with Special Ops. Also, the way you have the rope tied, the turret could not traverse, effectively locking it in place. The smoke launchers on the turret front corners are a German Army specific item and not used on M109A6 Paladins.

Take a look at the seam on your barrel as well. It needs some more attention to make it disappear.
 _GOTOTOP