_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Dragon: Premium Edition Puma
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 06:48 PM UTC

Dragon is releasing another exciting 1/35 scale Premium Edition kit of an 8x8 vehicle from the German Sd.Kfz.234 series. This kit depicts probably the most famous variant, the 234/2 that was commonly referred to as the Puma.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 11:36 PM UTC
Thank You, Carlos!

I'm sure that there will be quite a few WWII German Armor fans who will want to pick up one of these if they missed it the first time around!

I got the whole series some years ago, along with a few extras, in order to build a few "odd-ball"-versions...
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2019 - 03:32 AM UTC
Looks like one I would be interested in.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2019 - 09:25 AM UTC
Another attempt at flogging kits that first caused a stir a decade ago and were scarce ever since. I too bought the whole series back then and shudder to think what these now cost -but hey! they're Premium now! Either way these are really amazing kits offering enviable detail with horridly-complex and tiny instructions. So, they're typical Dragon.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2019 - 11:24 AM UTC
It was one of my favorite builds,a great kit I'm sure some will enjoy it.
I believe I thought the $45 i paid for it at the time was high.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2019 - 07:32 PM UTC
I feel that Dragon would be better off making the vehicles in their range available rather than playing with new offerings with some bits thrown in to make it new or different. Lets be honest here their German armour tended to be top notch but the high price due to limited run tended to deter many from putting their hands in their pockets. I do see the odd Dragon model sitting in shops but one look at the price and it stays where it is.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 02:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I feel that Dragon would be better off making the vehicles in their range available rather than playing with new offerings with some bits thrown in to make it new or different. Lets be honest here their German armour tended to be top notch but the high price due to limited run tended to deter many from putting their hands in their pockets. I do see the odd Dragon model sitting in shops but one look at the price and it stays where it is.

I AGREE with Darren, of course... DRAGON now enjoys the extremely dubious distinction of re-re-re-releasing "warmed-over" older kits with an undue amount of extraneous "hoopla", for even MORE money. However, the fellas that "missed" their opportunity to buy DRAGON's '234s earlier, now have a chance to do so. These modelers' only limits are the depth of their wallets, and IF there is any legal currency left in said wallets!

The instructions in these kits are NO different than any other of DRAGON's plastic; complicated and all in a jumble, so be forewarned..!
Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 05:11 PM UTC
Interesting. I've wanted to build a few 234 variants for a while. I'm one of those potential customers who never got around to buying this 234/2, I just have to make sure there's not a better offering out there accuracy wise. Thanks!
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 09:46 PM UTC
If you mean the base kit, the only alternative is Italeri... and it's way behind Dragon. No doubt.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2019 - 09:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you mean the base kit, the only alternative is Italeri...

Also to be found lurking in a Tamiya reboxing with a few Tamiya sourced bits added in, just in case you come across that one in your travels.
 _GOTOTOP