_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
possible new Centurion?
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 667 posts
Armorama: 639 posts
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 - 07:04 AM UTC
hope so. been kinda thinking on another. if it'll belike previous Centurions, hopefully this one too will have arts for other versions, so all I'll need are tracks and a 105 gun. not really interested in a korean war version. wish afv club would re-release their nato version. release date seems to be july. https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fshop.hlj.com%2F2YVVjKD&h=AT3-UkXGRAhzack5mtY45S4f2VSEM1ASdMaBo3cQBObq4ooA0Zf0Mb3-mvxKkMHApFEGrRCCTFy4Q2LgzevlioeLPeNDOGwBYRlTuoJwK5rcQoEtyW8heqqnGLnPbOE0v1WsOHDV-FfV_FZdIFL_oY7SB_UipEJMtM5BFub2g7HlhR055WIZb1Kxgp4mR4jy5oP0i2_5YUhBQYDrO3XPAzIm9fOM3qjSlD2ns1SKD-8VU2FmufXZM8BTZKd1FZb3OxiXMfUxOuVDYAFOK-5h4TqqkzSokSiufmCMCY7IW49Swxcc_Mf3pzeLBxKSA8CwPIS2wuEvrMcX2iw1IczjrgJAJSPUcGQCH3X5xqHNx5mGDSDaz_5Yr3DWD0aNN0WbcLNQwP5khbUlaMC0rUA0IoyCacVb7YL_REeLAEMfLhjqBoPo9AXCJMl9Rj32b7J9cULzfUyWcDAdKj4pPaRyy6Nh8WUmDBGIwC3TfnyFlQeRQdAOoO2SI6YWwO-wTMY2jQIWfgwGnJUBcKyE9DYDEUY1UY51boFuTCVLh9Wqgz2IFbPdqmhQ94aY6MM8K5NGtGbaKfiOOgYsHPppC8cD18ZWTsKF-eMCPPgCx9q7fa-wdNCGvQZnkIahg6R-SmfbZv-G9AuWkyhqra0k52IZNg
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 - 07:38 AM UTC
I think that the NATO-version is sort of hidden inside the boxings of the later versions of Shot Kal.
I think all the parts are there, just needs the correct assembly instructions.
/ Robin
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 - 08:14 AM UTC
that's quite likely as I did up a brit version from the aussie vietnam. can't find much anymore of Centurions
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 - 09:38 AM UTC
Modellbau Köning in Germany seems to have at least 9 or 10 of the Shot Kal Dalet or Gimel in stock.

https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Article?Page=1&Items=100&Filter={%221%22:[6]}&s=shot%20kal&sort=6&view=list

and AFV-Club 35282, Shot Kal Dalet type II (whatever that means) seems to be inbound.
/ Robin
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 - 09:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

that's quite likely as I did up a brit version from the aussie vietnam. can't find much anymore of Centurions

UNfortunately I don't seem to be having a problem.

I wish I could say that was all of them.
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 - 10:22 AM UTC
They tend to form gangs don't they?
I have still not decided if I want to swap out those rubber rings on the roadwheels .......
gmat5037
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 103 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 - 12:12 PM UTC
Can't see anything with the Facebook link. Try here from 1999.co.jp.
https://www.1999.co.jp/10614408

Seems like the earlier Mk.3 turret. Very looking forward to it. Want some easy to find replacement wheels.

Grant
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 - 03:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

so, THAT'S where they all went. send me a paypal invoice and I'll relieve you of the misery of having 2 nato.

I just can't figure on why one would want so many of one type tank . granted, I have one built and one unbuilt panda M1, 3 vintage #ered Leopard1A4s, one unbuilt and I think it'll remain that way for several yrs, 2 Centurions a Sho't kal aleph and a '67 version built as a brit not the aussie one which I had a fit prob with and had to abandon. upper hull plates wouldn't fit the lower hull for some reason I just dont get it, so many...
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 - 05:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

so, THAT'S where they all went. send me a paypal invoice and I'll relieve you of the misery of having 2 nato.

I just can't figure on why one would want so many of one type tank . granted, I have one built and one unbuilt panda M1, 3 vintage #ered Leopard1A4s, one unbuilt and I think it'll remain that way for several yrs, 2 Centurions a Sho't kal aleph and a '67 version built as a brit not the aussie one which I had a fit prob with and had to abandon. upper hull plates wouldn't fit the lower hull for some reason I just dont get it, so many...

One of each variant my dear Watson
/ Robin
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 06:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

One of each variant my dear Watson
/ Robin

I count 2-4 better tracks can be had, tho
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 06:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just can't figure on why one would want so many of one type tank

No two are alike. (most have been started) I have several of the Legend conversions for various APC's, an Accurate Armour howitzer prototype, a Mk 7, a MK 10, a destroyed one...

These are just the ones I haven't built and sold.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 06:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Technically, Centurions form Cohorts!
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 08:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Technically, Centurions form Cohorts!

I took this excellent opportunity to learn something and improve my collection of mostly useless knowledge

Centuriae form cohorts
A Centurion commands a centuria, the highest ranking centurion (the centurion of the highest ranking centuria) is also the commander of the cohort. So in a way the Centurions form and shape the cohort by training and leading their centuries.

"In the Roman infantry, centurions initially commanded a centuria or "century". Centuries, or centuriae, developed from the Roman tribal system under the Servian reforms and could contain 200 to 1000 legionaries. Later, generals and Caesars further manipulated these numbers with double and half-strength units. Julius Caesar, for instance, made the first century double strength.

Centurions seemed to receive a much higher rate of pay than the average legionary, which is twice as much or more (possibly as much as 17 times as much as a legionary soldier[7]). Veteran legionaries often worked as tenants of their former centurions.[8]

During the Imperial era, centurions gradually rose in seniority in their cohort, commanding centuries with higher precedence, until commanding the senior century and therefore the whole cohort. The very best centurions were then promoted to become centurions in the First Cohort, called Primi Ordines, commanding one of the ten centuries and also taking on a staff role. The most senior centurion of the legion was the Primus Pilus who commanded the first century. All centurions, however senior, had their own allocated century. There was little difference between the ranks of centurions except for the Primus Pilus. The Primus Pilus also participated in war councils.[9]

The Primus Pilus was so called because his own century was the first file (primus pilus) of the first (rightmost) cohort. Only eight officers in a fully officered legion outranked the Primus Pilus: the legate (legatus legionis), commanding the legion; the senior tribune (tribunus laticlavius), second-in-command of the legion; the Camp Prefect (praefectus castrorum); and the five other tribunes (tribuni angusticlavii), who apparently served as senior staff officers to the legate with a rank roughly equivalent to a modern Colonel. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 01:26 PM UTC
I'm hoping we'll see an Indian Mk7.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 01:44 PM UTC
That's actually what I'm working on. I've got some great leftover decals from Accurate Armour.
 _GOTOTOP