_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
JSU-152 Trumpeter
LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 279 posts
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2019 - 08:02 AM UTC
Here again a new model. Two armored tractors based on ISU-152 will be built, as they were in use by the GSSD in the GDR until the end of the 1970s. Kits from Trumpeter and tractors from Friul are used. As these are modernized variants, tractors from the tank T-10M are used. Many parts have to be made by yourself. I do not use the conversion kit of MR model. Here are some photos of the model.

LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2019 - 08:09 AM UTC
Now two original photos.

pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2019 - 08:56 AM UTC
Very nice work...
LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 10:43 PM UTC
Here is another model in the works. The number of variants of the machines was very large. I decided for these two machines.

Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 - 03:27 PM UTC
Those are two very impressive builds. I would not have thought to use an ISU in that way. Good job.
LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - 07:04 AM UTC
Hello Jacques
Yes, these are interesting vehicles of which there is hardly any information. The images that are available from museums are usually incorrect. You must have seen these vehicles in operation at the time. But, who has that and is still a model maker. The number of rare recovery vehicles in the Soviet Union was very large in the sixties and seventies. That's why I opted for the replica of these vehicles. There will be presented in this topic two more vehicles, heavy recovery vehicles. The construction continued meanwhile and now new photos of the construction of the machine, which was used to rescue failed tanks during the underwater ride.

LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - 06:20 AM UTC
The construction on the model went slightly further. The construction of the equipment makes a lot of Aebeit. Now the pictures, how far I am with the construction of the model.

LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 06:33 AM UTC
Today photos of the second machine, the construction of both machines is nearing the end. There will be two more heavy machines here in the forum. One is under construction, the other is finished. Initial kits are again kits from Trumpeter. But first here are the photos.

bmpnva
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 - 06:35 PM UTC
Two very beautiful models you have built there
LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2019 - 08:00 AM UTC
Today photos of one of the two announced machines. It is another model of heavy armored recovery JS-2MT. The basic vehicle is the JS-2M kit from Trumpeter. The vehicle could be equipped with a crane, which is also possible on this mod fur. The crane was attached to the front and the pictures can be seen on the model.
Danke Jan für deine Antwort.

LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2019 - 08:06 AM UTC
Today photos of the construction of the model.

LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 06:38 AM UTC
Today photos of the original.

LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 - 04:15 AM UTC
after the presentation of the armored recovery vehicle JS-2MT, now another tug based on JS. It is a rare tank JS-3MT. There are very few photos of this vehicle. Photos of the original and the model in progress today.

ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 1,390 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 - 05:33 AM UTC
Lovely!

Another fine build, Mr.LKWMAN!

TankManNick
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 551 posts
Armorama: 543 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 - 05:48 AM UTC
Very unique builds! Were you able to find references for every detail or did you have to use a little 'imagineering' too? Those pictures are not the clearest around! In any event you have some great models there.
LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - 05:25 AM UTC
Hello TankManNick. I saw this vehicle on a railroad about 50 years ago. At the time, I already did Modellbau. Of course, all the details of that time are not remembered today. Since the vehicle was already very interesting at that time, I tried to memorize the essential features. The replica was already interesting for me at the time. Various details were improvised and adapted to other armored recovery vehicles. There are no photos and references of this vehicle that I would have known. The existence of this vehicle was still contested by various experts of armored engineering, which I know. Only these pictures brought a change in their thinking to the people. Will continue to show the construction here, if interest should exist.
LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 04:38 AM UTC
After a long break here in the forum, the heavy armored tractors are completed. In the 1970s, it was possible to see the completion of seven to eight heavy and medium-sized armored tractors at the end of the larger tank columns. The medium armored tractors were BTS-2, BTS-4 and the crane tank SPK-5. These tanks will find their place here later in this topic. Today the photos of the heavy armored tractors.

ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 1,390 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 03:44 AM UTC
Impressive lineup,LKWMAN!
And impressive builds-each one of them!
Pure joy to my eyes,

Keep up showing your good work!

Zum Wohl,
LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 - 05:05 AM UTC
Thank you ayovtshev for your compliment. Today, it continues with the topic of armored tractors. The tanks are treated based on T-54 and T-34. The topic should have been called "armored tractors" right from the start. but too late. So, today the armored tractor BTS-2, based on chassis T-54. Basic kit from Mini Art. Traks from Friul. Everything else was built in self-construction. These vehicles were used in the years 60 and 70. The equipment was always different on the vehicles from vehicle to vehicle, a standard was not available. Now the photos of the model with a built crane. Also show the hatch under the stowage box when the bottom plate of the stowage box has been removed.
Have fun watching the photos.

LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 - 05:11 AM UTC
Hier zwei Bilder mit den entfernten Bodenblechen des Staukastens.

LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 - 03:32 AM UTC
Now photos of the machine BTS-2 in marching position and dismantled crane. You can also see in the pictures how the crane was loaded.
After the BTS-2 we continue with a model of the crane tank SPK-5. Here is a photo of the model.

LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 - 05:08 AM UTC
Today, as already announced, it continues with the crane tank SPK-5 based on T-34. These vehicles were used in the Soviet Army until the mid-70s. The crew usually consisted of two soldiers. For the construction of the vehicle also troughs of the T-34/76 were used. Hydraulic and pneumatic supports were not available on this vehicle for the crews. This was always secondary to Russian vehicles at the time.
Here are some photos of the model, I will show detail photos.

Best regards truck MAN

LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 06:31 AM UTC
Today again photos of the complete model, have revised several things on the model and put a figure in the commander hatch.

LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2019 - 05:14 AM UTC
Today, as announced, the detailed photos of the model. I'm not an artist in photography, but I think you can see something. If need be, I can still show photos of the construction of the model.

LKWMAN
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2019 - 05:29 AM UTC
Hier noch ein Bild vom Orginalfahrzeug Beim Einmarsch in die CSSR im August 1968.

_GOTOTOP