_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Legend 1/35 USN SEAL #1
twong529
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 157 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2019 - 04:54 AM UTC
Legend 1/35 figure with Cross Delta Digital II desert MARPAT.

The figure has been hand primed for two weeks or more so the primer is well cured by now. I used Vallejo acrylic polyurethane surface primer.

Gloss coated by hand with Micro Gloss. The vest actually didn't need a gloss coat as it won't get the camo decals. The vest, pouches, boots and gloves will be painted in overall coyote tan.

It took me 4.5 hours just to do the trousers. Roughly used only a 35mm x 35mm square so plenty decals left over to do other figures. I still have the arms to do but they are a lot smaller. Will let the decals cure overnight then give it a gloss coat over them and then a light wash to bring out the pockets and creases. The vest, ammo pouches, gloves, and boots will be painted coyote tan so no camo decals for the torso. The helmet and knee pads I think should be khaki.

It is a very long and tedious job applying the decals. I applied thin strips along the edges of where the seams would be on the trousers but the MARPAT is so fine that the seams just blended right in. Hoping a light wash will bring out some of the creases.

I only used the Micro Sol to lay the decals down to conform to the folds and creases. It worked well and only used a couple thin applications.

I cut thin strips to get the collar done. I still have the arms to do.

_GOTOTOP