Hosted by Darren Baker
Let's try this again....
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2019 - 08:51 PM UTC
When the Bundeswehr does an over seas deployment, SFOR, KFOR, Afghanistan etc, do they remove the tactical marking and use the vehicles like pool vehicles for rotating units/ personnel? Have SFOR decals and a batch of armor and para tactical. Was trying to figure out who was in Bosnia. Photos of vehicles (and for KFOR and ISAF ) there seem to just have the SFOR emblem and Buneswehr ID plates. Am I interpreting the evidence right?
pod3105
Visit this Community
Waterford, Ireland
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2019 - 11:47 PM UTC
IIRC (and that's a big IF) those used in KFOR & SFOR missions carried tactical Symbols for the "mother Unit" i.e. Panzertruppen were re-tasked to an infantry role as it was seen as less "aggressive" given the sensitivities of German forces in the Balkans. They swapped out their Leos for DINGO 1 that carried Armour symbols. I'm in work presently so cant get to my refs to confirm this , but will do so later if you don't have any further replies on this.
Regards
p
pod3105
Visit this Community
Waterford, Ireland
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 04:36 AM UTC
Haven't quite mastered uploading pics, but I can confirm Some KFOR vehicles carried tactical symbs from "mother" Units. As for Bosnia not sure.
 _GOTOTOP