_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Voyager C-HET Instruction sheet
Denimo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 186 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 05:16 AM UTC
Ive ordered the Voyager PE set for the MENG C-HET but Id like an "early look" at the build implications. Keen to get going with the MENG kit but dont want to start it until I know where/when the PE stuff starts to play a role.

Can anyone provide or direct me to the instruction sheet for PE35951?

(Ive looked on VoyagerModels site but the C-HET upgrade isnt listed 😥)

Thanks All

Denimo
Denimo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 - 06:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ive ordered the Voyager PE set for the MENG C-HET but Id like an "early look" at the build implications. Keen to get going with the MENG kit but dont want to start it until I know where/when the PE stuff starts to play a role.

Can anyone provide or direct me to the instruction sheet for PE35951?

(Ive looked on VoyagerModels site but the C-HET upgrade isnt listed 😥)

Thanks All

Denimo

End of problem. The PE set arrived today.

Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 - 09:51 AM UTC
Actually, it is listed. PE35951 is fourth from the top on page 2 of the PE35 Series product list.

Here's a link to the instruction sheet PDF, just in case someone needs it.
Denimo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 - 04:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Actually, it is listed. PE35951 is fourth from the top on page 2 of the PE35 Series product list.

Here's a link to the instruction sheet PDF, just in case someone needs it.

Thankyou. Silly me. As it turns out im looking at the eleven-sheet instructin guide now. Combine this with the Novel-sized instruction sheet with the C-HET and I think this will be a good four month project.
Kenaicop
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 1,316 posts
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 - 07:22 AM UTC
Just got mine ready for paint, great kit, very detailed, but take care in prepping parts for assembly, a bit of sanding will be in order. Only thing I added was the cabling from the battery box, but I may go back and add the piping on the fuel tanks.

Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 - 07:23 AM UTC
You can d/l the images for the complete instruction booklet HERE.
Denimo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 - 05:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You can d/l the images for the complete instruction booklet HERE.

Thanks everyone. The PE arrived.
Denimo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 - 05:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just got mine ready for paint, great kit, very detailed, but take care in prepping parts for assembly, a bit of sanding will be in order. Only thing I added was the cabling from the battery box, but I may go back and add the piping on the fuel tanks.

Thanks James. I'll take my time on this. It looks like a great kit to build.
Denimo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 - 09:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi James, I'm learning alot from this picture. Your method of pre-building some components before painting answers questions I've had for too long. (I'm a relative newbie)

I'm following your build method, but wonder how you masked the winch cables for airbrushing?

Also, any other tips re the build would be appreciated. I'm finding it a logical kit to build so far, but am a little surprised by the amount of trimming needed and also the thickness of the sprues where they meet the smaller parts!

Thanks James

Denis
Kenaicop
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 1,316 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 10:22 AM UTC
Hi Denis,

Nothing in the pic is painted, when I do get around to it, nothing at this point will be masked, gonna shoot the whole thing in Tamiya German field gray. Read on here at one time that color is a good representation of faded forest green, which is what I’m going for, an all green vehicle from Ft. Bliss circa 1985. Not sure exactly what color I’m going to paint the cables at this point, probably flat black or nato black, then weathered to make it more steel cable-ish. Hope that sort of answered your question.
Denimo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 10:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Denis,

Nothing in the pic is painted, when I do get around to it, nothing at this point will be masked, gonna shoot the whole thing in Tamiya German field gray. Read on here at one time that color is a good representation of faded forest green, which is what I’m going for, an all green vehicle from Ft. Bliss circa 1985. Not sure exactly what color I’m going to paint the cables at this point, probably flat black or nato black, then weathered to make it more steel cable-ish. Hope that sort of answered your question.

Thanks for that James I just wasnt sure if you airbrushed the cable drum before winding on cable.

I'll be using Vallejo desert tan/CARC tan over their tan primer but following your build-then paint method, which Im really enjoying.

Im using the Voyager pe kit for detailing but tbh I dont see much wrong with the kits parts (eg rad grille). Ive used Eduard pe before but Voyager seems more......finicky, with questions as to how much better the finished product is.

Thanks once again for the feedback and pm.

Denis

_GOTOTOP