_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
HobbyFan Medium Wrecker
Denimo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 186 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 08:28 AM UTC
Hi All

Delighted to report that Ive found and ordered HobbyFan's Medium Wrecker kit.

I will put it on the shelf for now, but Im so damned pleased to have found one!!!

Any experiences building this kit?

Denimo.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 12:09 PM UTC
No experience building this one, but I believe it’s a resin and styrene conversion kit isn’t it? Hobby Fan is a branch of AFV Club. It’s been a while, but I’ve built a few HF Kits (Lance, Tracked Lance, Vulcan, M3 AT gun and several sets of their Vietnam and WWII American figures). My experience with HF is their accuracy is pretty good, fit is tolerable to good (depending on the kit), and they adapt well to the host kit (in the case of conversions). The biggest drawback to HF kits is their very high (almost prohibitive) price, and their limited production runs which make them hard to get. Hope you got a good deal.
VR, Russ
Denimo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 186 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 - 05:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

No experience building this one, but I believe it’s a resin and styrene conversion kit isn’t it? Hobby Fan is a branch of AFV Club. It’s been a while, but I’ve built a few HF Kits (Lance, Tracked Lance, Vulcan, M3 AT gun and several sets of their Vietnam and WWII American figures). My experience with HF is their accuracy is pretty good, fit is tolerable to good (depending on the kit), and they adapt well to the host kit (in the case of conversions). The biggest drawback to HF kits is their very high (almost prohibitive) price, and their limited production runs which make them hard to get. Hope you got a good deal.
VR, Russ

Hi Russ,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, Id been looking forever and was only casually looking through ebay. $140 including shipping seems pretty reasonable.

It comes with a resin wheel upgrade too which is nice.

Meanwhile, on with MENG's C-HET and that will keep me busy for at least a month!

Happy Modelling.

Denimo
 _GOTOTOP