_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
BoldDivision: Rheinmetall Turret Prototype
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 - 03:19 PM UTC

The latest from BoldDivision provides an alternative turret for your Panzer '46 project.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 - 06:30 PM UTC
Ok, I’m intrigued by this, how genuine was this as a prototype, anyone?
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 07:15 AM UTC
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:G125_Spz_57_Rh

Not really, but it is a pixel tank in World of Tanks.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 08:30 AM UTC
Thank You, Tat!

Who would know the answer to this question:

Wouldn't a 10.5cm Main Gun have been "a little bit big" for a Pz.Kpfw. III or a Pz.Kpfw. "Leopard"..? I could understand the 10.5cm mount in a "Panther", or even a "Tiger"-type of thing, both types of which were quite a bit larger and heavier Tanks...
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 09:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank You, Tat!

Wouldn't a 10.5cm Main Gun have been "a little bit big" for a Pz.Kpfw. III or a Pz.Kpfw. "Leopard"..? I could understand the 10.5cm mount in a "Panther", or even a "Tiger"-type of thing, both types of which were quite a bit larger and heavier Tanks...

This was a project to put a MBT caliber gun turret on the Kanonenjagdpanzer‘s hull in 1957. It has next to nothing to do with the Wehrmacht.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 09:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thank You, Tat!

This was a project to put a MBT caliber gun turret on the Kanonenjagdpanzer‘s hull in 1957. It has next to nothing to do with the Wehrmacht.

The box top says clearly it's for Revell kit 03276 which is the Jagdpanzerkanone or JaPaKa.

Everything else is fantasy. "Your own project"
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 04:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thank You, Tat!

The box top says clearly it's for Revell kit 03276 which is the Jagdpanzerkanone or JaPaKa.

Everything else is fantasy. "Your own project"

Clever marketing though. How many will go for the what if over the real application?
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 08:35 PM UTC
Cheers, gents; I suspected as much. This would look rather sleek on a Puma or Luchs all the same. Maybe a Tiger?
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2019 - 02:00 AM UTC
Personally it did look intriguing on the Panther as an alternative for the Schmall turret proposal. However, to discover that its origins are definitely post-war makes this paper panzer exercise even sillier than usual. "Summer 45" I can sort of understand. "Summer 1946" is somewhat astounding but "Summer 57" is downright silly and misleading. Shame on them! Market what it was for; which vehicle and WHEN.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2019 - 02:04 AM UTC
Okay, after tearing myself away from the photos and reading the box I see that it is specifically marketed for a certain Revell kit, but that isn't really telling anyone much is it? Did the company provide the provocative Pz III pics sporting a turret upgrade? I'm guessing so which gets back to my comment about reality and marketing.
Bolddivision
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2019 - 07:56 PM UTC
hey Guys,
iam Sebastian from Bolddivision, thank you for beeing interested in my kits and support of course.

About the Rheinmetall turret and project.
at first, all my new kits have a little history words in the construction sheets. Here is the text from the Rheinmetall turret:
On June 8, 1957, Rheinmetall filed a patent for a new light tank with weighing turret and a gun with
trunnions. The proposed design allowed the engineers to equip light vehicles with 90mm and 105mm
guns while maintaining a minimum vehicle height. Rheinmetall did not have its own chassis for the
following tank production and offered other companies their turret.
The Rheinmetal armored car existed only on paper, but for me it is an important connection between
the tanks of the Second World War and the following developments of the Bundeswehr
such as the RU251 or the Kanonenjagdpanzer
Bolddivision
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 04, 2019 - 08:01 PM UTC
So it is surely a real prototype, like the RH Panzerwagen too.
Of course not World war two. Therefor is the Revell kit but it is not that easy to built the RH Panzerwagen, some changes are needed and i am thinking about doing a conversion to make this model possible also.
The example pictures i added for using the turret are just possibilities to use the turret and thats just all about fitting and design of course... not real and of course without any history background.
best regards
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 - 04:43 AM UTC
Thank you for that explanation Sebastian. Prompt responses like that are greatly appreciated.
 _GOTOTOP