_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Release dates???
skyshark
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 703 posts
Armorama: 499 posts
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 - 01:56 PM UTC
M4 C2V (01063) Trumpeter

M551 RFM
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 - 05:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

M4 C2V (01063) Trumpeter

M551 RFM

Careful, you could get accused here by some who think you’re not doing enough of your own homework by asking such questions! But back to reality, I have no idea about the M4 C2V from Trumpeter, since I haven’t been tracking it. But, last time I checked, (By asking the question a couple of months ago and receiving at least three dependable responses here on Armorama), the RFM M551 was supposed to be out in August. Well August is now 2/3rds gone as of today, and still no word about a release. RFM has been pretty dependable with release data on most everything else, and there are still ten days left in the Month, so I guess we’ll see. They have updated their Website and FB page with new overhead views, but that’s about it.
VR, Russ
pod3105
Visit this Community
Waterford, Ireland
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 - 06:33 PM UTC
According to Hobby Easy the M551 is due for release on Aug 21st. Can't find anything on the M4 though sorry.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 - 07:04 PM UTC
My favourite plastic pusher in Germany has the C2V listed as
expected sometime around mid/end September.
/ Robin
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 - 07:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

According to Hobby Easy the M551 is due for release on Aug 21st.

They already changed it to 28th. Unfortunately HE release dates are very unreliable and are often guesses more then solid information... They will now push the date back as long as required, until they actually receive it, so I would not read much from it.

RFM did confirm on Facebook, that the kit will be "released" in August, but when will it actually appear in hobby shops is anyone's guess...
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 05:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

According to Hobby Easy the M551 is due for release on Aug 21st.

They already changed it to 28th. Unfortunately HE release dates are very unreliable and are often guesses more then solid information... They will now push the date back as long as required, until they actually receive it, so I would not read much from it.

RFM did confirm on Facebook, that the kit will be "released" in August, but when will it actually appear in hobby shops is anyone's guess...

I find it quite the opposite-they normally get the kits in before anyone else does (at least the stuff I've been buying) and their release dates are normally 85-90% accurate. I've seen a few times were they have a release date and push it back, just for the item to show up in between the dates.

I've been keeping a spreadsheet of new kit announcements vs release dates and most companies are at a 3-6 month release window after showing them off, unless your Trumpeter and it can take multiple years for something to come out.
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 05:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've seen a few times were they have a release date and push it back, just for the item to show up in between the dates.

Exactly, that's because they just guess their "release dates". If they know they won't receive the kit on their first guessed date, they move the date a week back and wait. Indeed often the kit arrives before that second date, otherwise they just move the date back another week and so on.
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 12:44 PM UTC
I suspect with so many modelling magazines filled with articles about the tamiya sheridan, RFM might be laying low until they can premote their kit without having to fight over media space against tamiya's kit
corsair924
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 322 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 01:08 PM UTC
So what happened to Amusing Hobby's UK Badger due out "Summer 2019" ---almost past.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 04:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I suspect with so many modelling magazines filled with articles about the tamiya sheridan, RFM might be laying low until they can premote their kit without having to fight over media space against tamiya's kit

I'd almost believe this except the RFM Sheridan is an M551A1 while the Tamiya version a mid series M551, without the laser range finder or the TTS upgrades. Therefore, I think when it is released, it'll probably eclipse the Tamiya version for detail. I think the reason for the delay is because of this added detail RFM puts into their kits. The sprue shots seem to show additional driver's compartment and turret interior detail not present in the Tamiya kit. All this must take more research and time to create. What I would believe is that RFM has pushed the Sheridan to the rear in favor of their "German and Sherman" releases, realizing these will probably be better sellers in the long and short term. Let's face it, more modelers are likely to want "Germans and Shermans" than Sheridans.
VR, Russ
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 - 10:39 PM UTC
And now HobbyEasy changed the release date to September 5th!

I told you, they're just guessing and realized that they won't get it by Wednesday, so moved the date back another week...
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 - 10:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

So what happened to Amusing Hobby's UK Badger due out "Summer 2019" ---almost past.

My favourite plastic pusher in Germany writes mid/end October on their website. Maybe the summer lasts that long in some parts of the world .....
/ Robin
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 - 11:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

My favourite plastic pusher in Germany writes mid/end October on their website. Maybe the summer lasts that long in some parts of the world .....
/ Robin

It's Southern Hemisphere summer. Maybe it's coming from South America or Oceania.
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2019 - 12:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

/ Robin

It's Southern Hemisphere summer. Maybe it's coming from South America or Oceania.

I thought it was early spring down there .....
if that is the case then we might be looking at a release in December, first month of summer .....
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 - 06:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I told you, they're just guessing and realized that they won't get it by Wednesday, so moved the date back another week...

They pushed the date back again, but only until Monday, 9th this time, so just by 4 days - maybe it is actually coming this time?...
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 - 06:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

They pushed the date back again, but only until Monday, 9th this time, so just by 4 days - maybe it is actually coming this time?...

Which kit are you referring to? The Release for the M551A1 was supposed to be August, which has come and gone. I checked Hobbyeasy, but couldn't find anything more than a "pre-order" for the Sheridan. This is disheartening, since sprue shots are out, but there have been at least four other RFM kits announced and on the market since the Sheridan was announced over a year ago. This does remind me of Dragon, announcing kits that were never going to be released.
VR, Russ
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 - 11:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I'd almost believe this except the RFM Sheridan is an M551A1 while the Tamiya version a mid series M551, without the laser range finder or the TTS upgrades.

That's a distinction without a difference as far as the publicity game goes.

Quoted Text

Therefore, I think when it is released, it'll probably eclipse the Tamiya version for detail.

You don't have to think about it, it's a given. Tamiya does not produce state-of-the-art detail in their armor kits. They make well engineered, well produced, and easy to build kits. To get that they simplify or omit detail. Any competing kit of a recent Tamiya subject will eclipse the Tamiya kit with respect to detail, and you don't have to be Joe Namath to guarantee it.

KL

KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 - 11:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

[I checked Hobbyeasy, but couldn't find anything more than a "pre-order" for the Sheridan. This is disheartening, since sprue shots are out, but there have been at least four other RFM kits announced and on the market since the Sheridan was announced over a year ago. This does remind me of Dragon, announcing kits that were never going to be released.
VR, Russ

Let's not exaggerate things here. RFM announced their M551A1 in October 2018, not even a year ago.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/272145&page=1&ord=0

KL
 _GOTOTOP