_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Decals for Operation cobra M4a1 76mm.?
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 02:45 PM UTC
I am a proud owner of an Asuka M4a1 76mm. I have been researching the kit to make an early version (Operation Cobra). On ML's site, there was quite a bruhaha about the Asuka kit. 10 pages worth.... The main complaint was that the Asuka kit was misrepresented as an early Operation Cobra M4a1 and it actually was a later version. Boy. Finally, it was stated that it was not an Operation Cobra version and Asuka did not represent it that way. Drama... I did, however, glean that If you wanted an earlier Operation Cobra version, all you have to do is leave off the vent on the turret rear, move the rear machine gun storage lower, plate over the front radio antenna mount and add a small bit of putty between the turret hatches to expand the raised lip between the hatches. I figure about 10 minutes worth of work. 10 pages for that...
The final piece I need help with is finding a decal package for an M4a1 76mm in Operation Cobra. Any recommendations?
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 01:34 AM UTC
Greg,

Star/Bison might make some markings that would work for you, I think. That ML thread was quite the dumpster fire wasn't it?

Semper Fi!

Doc
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 08:56 AM UTC
I didn't see one from Bison or Star. I might have missed one
 _GOTOTOP