_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Bronco: Dong Feng-1
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 07:39 PM UTC

Bronco Models has announced an unusual and unexpected releases in the form of China’s first ballistic missile the Dong Feng-1. This offering from Bronco Models is a little unusual in that it is 1/72nd scale, but with that said let’s take a closer look.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 - 09:16 AM UTC
Wow, never saw this one coming...an improved reverse-engineered V-2 produced by the Chinese. Scratching my head trying to see a dio here.
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 - 10:06 PM UTC
Looks like it's based on the one on display at the Military Museum of the Chinese People's Revolution, including sitting on that launch pad. I wonder if it will be on sale in the museum shop (guessing there is such a thing).

Couldn't find any photos of it with any associated vehicles, as I was wondering if there might be anything else released to go with it... Maybe not.

Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 02:23 AM UTC
Probably not as it is a rather specialized subject matter; on the other hand perhaps for patriotic reasons ( and the gift shop sales) it'll do well and spawn the necessary (and largely unknown) associated vehicles. Heck, you've got a potential patriotic crowd that numbers into the hundred of millions!
 _GOTOTOP