_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Border: Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf J Late
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 11:22 PM UTC

Border announces a new member of their Pz.Kpfw.IV family, the Aisf. J late.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 01:28 AM UTC
Looks nice. The indy links are provided as a separate kit.
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 03:55 AM UTC
It looks like the exact same kit as being released by RYM. Are the companies related?
raivo74
Visit this Community
Vilnius, Lithuania
KitMaker: 132 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 05:06 AM UTC
Armour model producers have been going on some coherent waves recently. Tiger IIs, Panthers, Jagdpanthers, Bergepanthers, Mauses, Lees/Grants, and Pz. IVs now. Two SSYMS railroad platforms few months apart. Golden age of modelling and woe for poor stash hoarders like me
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 07:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It looks like the exact same kit as being released by RYM. Are the companies related?

The RFM kit is a 2 in 1 for the ausf H and J. This is just a late J. Same variants, different plastic.

Academy, Dragon, Italeri, Tamiya and Zvezda already make Pzkpfw IV ausf H/J. All are quite different plastic and unrelated. A few more choices will provide an absolute bonanza for model builders.
Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 - 12:49 PM UTC
I am so happy about the options for my favorite German tank. The workhouse deserves this kind of love. When I was in college, the only options for very accurate IV's were Dragon and some high end detail sets. This looks awesome. I'm imagining a Kurland '45 or Lake Balaton '45 scene with this.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 - 04:55 AM UTC
I bought the early/mid "G" kit some time back and it was very nice with lots of thoughtful extras and good, crisp detailing. The only flaw was with the included metal gun barrel: it was far too short and wasn't even mentioned in the instructions. The idea offered by their Customer Service division was hilariously goofy: they would have me cut-off the necessary mounting end of the barrel where it attached to the breech in the turret and glue it on to the otherwise nice but woefully-short metal barrel. The parts list showed the barrel as it should be but the part completely lacked the end by the breech. Maybe this will be addressed in future releases of this otherwise-excellent kit. Anyways, long and short of it is this is undoubtedly one of the nicer Pz IV kits out there if it's anything like their "G", shortcomings notwithstanding.
 _GOTOTOP