_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Good source of US WWII 'stuff'
wildbill426
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 375 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2019 - 03:50 AM UTC
I have a lot of stowage for my current project (AFV M18) but what I want is stuff like tommyguns, colts, canteens, grenades, stuff like that. I've got plenty of German stuff, but not US. I don't care if it's plastic or resin; can anyone recommend a good source for this?
Thanks.
McRunty
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 602 posts
Armorama: 191 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2019 - 04:44 AM UTC
Depends on the quality you are looking for. The Tamiya US Infantry Equipment set (35206) set is pretty cheap (found it for $7 online) and has all that equipment in it.

The Tamiya US Infantry figure set (35048) also has a lot of equipment in it and is also fairly cheap.

Are they the best sets out there? No, but very passable and I am sure price wise, the best.
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2019 - 06:50 AM UTC
Italeri has several Allied weapons and personal kit collections and as they are all at least 20, if not 30+ years old, they are pretty cheap when you find them. There are also Dragon weapons sets and some of them have other personal kit items in them as well.

There are several resin sets for things like cans, bottles and boxes. Verlinden has had one (or more) in their catalog for years and they should be readily available online even if Verlinden, per se, is gone. Black Dog seems to be another resin company with this sort of stuff available.

Several companies (Verlinden, PreSize/Hudson Allen, etc.) have made C-Ration boxes in cardboard that you fold and glue and they are quite good.

HTH

Paul
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2019 - 07:57 AM UTC
Italeri Accessories set 407 and Tamiya US Infantry Weapons Set 121 are your best bets for Allied guns of all types. Both are ancient (30+ years old) but are still pretty good. Avoid the newer Bronco AB3558 US Light Weapons set as it has some major "scale" issues.

The Italeri & Tamiya sets have colts, Garands, Thompsons, and lots of other goodies.

[EDIT: Also avoid the Italeri Accessories II set, it's rubbish. Not to be confused with their excellent original weapons set mentioned above...]
abelynn
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2019 - 08:25 AM UTC
Yes, the Italeri Accessories II set is a repop of the even older Heller Armes et équipements set. Definitely avoid.
wildbill426
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 375 posts
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2019 - 04:26 AM UTC
I found a similar source; it was four WW2 infantrymen with accessories; the accessories included guns, grenades, et al; LHS for $7.99. Thank you for the good advice! I painted them all yesterday and tonight they'll be installed.
 _GOTOTOP