_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Italeri 6410 Village Fountain
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 12:34 AM UTC
Does anyone know if this modeled after a real foundation and if so where?

TIA
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 12:43 AM UTC
It's probably modelled after an Italian village one...

H.P.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 12:46 AM UTC
Hi

I'd say it was pretty generic and could be found in most countries in Europe. Even the others available in resin etc are very similar. I'd be surprised if you found one exactly like this that they used, more likely as I said a generic design from what you will see used back when this was an essential part of any city, town or village.

Do a Google image search and I'm sure you'll find water fountains not exactly the same but similar.

Alan
Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 01:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's probably modelled after an Italian village one...

H.P.

Head smack.
I figured that was probably a good bet. Some how I thought you might have a photo of that one? Guess not.

@Alan, I have done that. I usually find giant fountains which doesn't help, sometimes I see things like the Miniart set

or this
https://www.alamy.com/drinking-water-fountain-in-a-street-in-the-southern-italian-village-image67958858.html

Then the engineering side of the brain kicks in to spoil the fun and I wonder about is it dirt or stone, what kinda of stone pattern around the fountain. Can I stick a vehicle around it? etc etc.
Where as if I had a photo of that fountain, a number of questions could be answered.
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 01:53 AM UTC
Sometimes simple things can be turned into over-engineered projects....
Fountains were found everywhere where people lived or frequently passed by, to start with.
Highly dependable of where the water comes from you may find them in hill sides, mountain sides and alike. But also in villages or cities.
Mostly on places where they are easily accessible: markets, squares and alike. Places, more or less central in communities which were dependable on them.
Some of them have stone basins, sometimes a hollowed tree was used or it just ran over the cobble stones.
So, summarizing, whatever you create: if you think it should be like that it will be like that. There are so many fountains in the world that what ever you make, a life size copy may already exist.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 08:00 AM UTC
Well, it certainly looks Mediterranean in my opinion. For those too young to remember, most of Italeri's little diorama buildings and accessories were originally terracotta items cast by Francois Verlinden and marketed under his DCS line. He then passed the moulds onto Italeri in the 1970s. The original title for this fountain was "European City Fountain". It was also available in modified form as "European City Wall Pump".
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 10:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, it certainly looks Mediterranean in my opinion. For those too young to remember, most of Italeri's little diorama buildings and accessories were originally terracotta items cast by Francois Verlinden and marketed under his DCS line. He then passed the moulds onto Italeri in the 1970s. The original title for this fountain was "European City Fountain". It was also available in modified form as "European City Wall Pump".

Never knew that some of the Italeri kits, started ot a Verlinden originals. Nice bit of modelling history.
Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 12:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Never knew that some of the Italeri kits, started ot a Verlinden originals. Nice bit of modelling history.

+1
Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 12:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sometimes simple things can be turned into over-engineered projects....

Every project I do runs into this issue. I cannot allow the art side of the brain to have fun.
 _GOTOTOP