_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
UAE Leclerc
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 05:03 PM UTC
Im building a Leclerc and I want to to put it in the Markings of the UAE I know Trumpeter makes a BMP-3 in UAE markings does anyone have that kit and does not want the decals and is willing to part with the decals or is there some after market decals available of UAE armor out there?
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 08:13 PM UTC
Nick
I have those decals. What you get on the sheet is 2 unit badges, 2 black "hollowed" diamonds and 2 registration plates which I doubt would be correct for a Leclerc.

Let me know if you're interested in. Send me a PM.

Olivier
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 10:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nick
I have those decals. What you get on the sheet is 2 unit badges, 2 black "hollowed" diamonds and 2 registration plates which I doubt would be correct for a Leclerc.

Let me know if you're interested in. Send me a PM.

Olivier

Its fine if its not correct i sent you a PM
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 - 11:00 AM UTC
Hi;

FYI; The Tamiya Leclerc is Superb; But for A UAE version you would Have to add the Turret side Stowage Racks, and some smaller details. Sad to say that there are No AM companies that offer conversion's for a UAE Leclerc.
The Leclerc is One of My Favorite Vehicles in my collection as I have Built Four; One being A UAE version, which I Had to Scratch build the detail's on the Tamiya kit.
At the Present I am Kit Bashing A Tamiya leopard & Leclerc to get the New Euro Tank, which has A Leclerc Turret on A leopard Hull !!

CHEERS; MIKE.
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 - 12:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi;

FYI; The Tamiya Leclerc is Superb; But for A UAE version you would Have to add the Turret side Stowage Racks, and some smaller details. Sad to say that there are No AM companies that offer conversion's for a UAE Leclerc.
The Leclerc is One of My Favorite Vehicles in my collection as I have Built Four; One being A UAE version, which I Had to Scratch build the detail's on the Tamiya kit.
At the Present I am Kit Bashing A Tamiya leopard & Leclerc to get the New Euro Tank, which has A Leclerc Turret on A leopard Hull !!

CHEERS; MIKE.

Mike
I sent you a Pm
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 03:09 AM UTC
Mike there are a lot more modifications between the French tank and the UAE one.
The engine deck is different due to a different engine. The front is looking like the original batch one. The side skirts are different if my memory serves.

So doing a conversion would be a lot of work for a AM company. Not sure it would be affordable.

Do you intend to build the 140 mm gun turret? You also have the Leclerc Azur(with urban survival kit) and the newer Leclerc rénové (upgraded Leclerc from the Scorpion programme).

Olivier
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 07:29 AM UTC
Hi Guys;

Olivier; Yes I was aware of the other features when I Built my UAE version, I had the Excellent Char Leclerc Photosniper Book that you are very familiar with along with the Concorde Book on UAE Leclerc's !!
The build that gave me the trouble was the side stowage racks, and the rear ACU and its exhaust outlet !
The side skirts were not all that hard as I cut apart the skirts from A couple of old Heller Leclerc's that I had in my Stash. The ACU unit was copied from the unit that came in one of the Abram's kit !

CHEERS; MIKE.
 _GOTOTOP