_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Tamiya Panther ausf. G (Late Prod)
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 520 posts
Armorama: 488 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 02:04 PM UTC
Hi folks.

I'd like to share my latest WIP - a Tamiya Panther ausf. G late production. This is the first model I managed to paint with my new airbrush and compressor setup after my old one died months ago. I would highly appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thanks folks.

TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 02:31 PM UTC
The paint looks great, the track acts a little wonky. It seems to twist or bend wrong.
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 04:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The paint looks great, the track acts a little wonky. It seems to twist or bend wrong.

Thanks mate. Yeah, the tracks are kinda wonky. They were kept in storage for a while. They also broke when I glued them together (Weird for a tamiya kit). Had to staple them. I'm using yarn to hold the tracks down in place. I might just superglue the tracks on and remove the yarn so it doesn't look off.
Mrclark7
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 503 posts
Armorama: 477 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 06:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks mate. Yeah, the tracks are kinda wonky. They were kept in storage for a while. They also broke when I glued them together (Weird for a tamiya kit). Had to staple them. I'm using yarn to hold the tracks down in place. I might just superglue the tracks on and remove the yarn so it doesn't look off.

boy I feel you on that. I have two King Tiger Tamiya's that I picked up where the tracks are actually tearing.

Both my Tamiya Panthers did the same with twisting on it tracks.

I like how it came out. You have the color scheme I was going to go for on my jagpather right now. i just dont know if I want to free hand it or tape off each color. perfect spacing on your lines.
MassimoTessitori
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 278 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 09:53 PM UTC
I don't know if you are still in time, but I would remove mud from the parts that are subject to wearing; the teeth sides, the parts where rubber rims touch the track and the part of track in contact with the wheels.
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - 02:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

boy I feel you on that. I have two King Tiger Tamiya's that I picked up where the tracks are actually tearing.

Both my Tamiya Panthers did the same with twisting on it tracks.

I like how it came out. You have the color scheme I was going to go for on my jagpather right now. i just dont know if I want to free hand it or tape off each color. perfect spacing on your lines.

Thanks mate. I think you can do free hand for big stripe camo jobs like this one. It will end up being a soft-edge camo though if you do so (just in case you were planning on doing a hard edge camo)

Quoted Text

I don't know if you are still in time, but I would remove mud from the parts that are subject to wearing; the teeth sides, the parts where rubber rims touch the track and the part of track in contact with the wheels.

Thanks for the feedback. I actually rubbed some steel pigment into those parts already but the dust weathering hid a bit of the work. I'll retouch some of the more obvious areas like the drive sprockets.
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - 10:41 AM UTC
http://imgur.com/gallery/6TZ23ZM

I forgot to put the imgur album in the original post.
 _GOTOTOP