_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Minisoldiers: US Airborne WW2
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2019 - 08:40 PM UTC

Minisoldiers resulpted their old 1/35 scale figure. The company now offers the improved miniature of US Airborne WW2.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 - 10:27 AM UTC
Peeking around the corner, is he? Nice.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 - 02:10 PM UTC
Not bad, but not quite sure what is going on here. Extra M1942 pockets on sleeves were extremely rare, and even so, the angle on the flap should be much deeper.
As for the chest pouches, (I assume that's what they are) they appear to back to back five mag pouches for...the Thompson, not the Grease Gun. Never seen them worn that way either. So I'm sure someone somewhere was the inspiration for the figure. (Re-enactor?) Speaking of the Grease Gun, a shame that it appears to be cast to the arm. I'd like to replace that way overscale stock with wire.

Jump boots should also have a noticeable angle to the leading edge of the heel to prevent getting caught on shroud lines.
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 - 04:15 AM UTC
Great figure, I like the pose, too, and would follow Bravo's suggestions as well as getting rid of the goggles because they might provide flash when the light hits them the right way, and he would be a target. But the quality is such that I wouldn't mind doing those things. Minisoldiers does extremely good, and I wish there were even more of them, so long as they were Americans in WW2.
 _GOTOTOP