_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
how customer service should be done
dmiles
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 160 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 12:24 AM UTC
Just a quick public thanks to Legends Productions,

I had somehow bent one of my PE frets and when I asked Legends how to go about getting a replacement the asked for my name and address and the fret arrived in the mail today, to all those other model producers that duck and weave when asked “how can I get a replacement; this is customer service and this is how you keep us on side.

WELL DONE LEGENDS.
southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 546 posts
Armorama: 316 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 01:14 AM UTC
good to hear. testimony like this is better advertising than money could buy.
postiesmate
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 01:51 AM UTC
I had very similar with miniart, no ifs buts or delay. Lost pe fret was quickly replaced, excellent service and prompt answers to emails.
rmadfire1
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 265 posts
Armorama: 263 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 02:18 AM UTC
That is refreshing to hear, Wish I could say the same for Kitty Hawk, purchased their new 1/35 Black Hawk kits, one of the fuselage halves was severely warped, and impossible to build. contacted them, took forever for a reply, explained the situation and was pretty much told...too bad, fix it.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 04:03 AM UTC
That’s very nice to hear. I’ve met/dined with Lee several times, and he’s a standup guy who really cares about quality.
PzDave
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 319 posts
Armorama: 285 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 06:20 AM UTC
To Steve Healy: Same here for Miniart. Sent an email and it was in the mail asap. All the way from the Ukraine. I told them that I had lost the part and they sent me the replacement. Not because anything they did wrong. Hats off to Miniart.
smorko
Visit this Community
Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 07:44 AM UTC
I had a similar experience with Eduard, instead of 2 A and 2 B sprues i got 4 A sprues, ao one e-mail later i got the missing sprues. The kit in question was oop at the time. And i have only good things to say about the quality and fit of Legend sets...
jetmech
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 08:58 AM UTC
I'll throw my 2 cents in.....Great service from Sergey at Masterclub. I assembled one run of panzer 3 tracks only to discover there were two different track pins. I had used all the outside pins to make the first run DOH. Emailed Masterclub of the mistake I had made and offered to pay what was needed to get a set of pins. Well few weeks later a full set of outside and inside pins arrived.So Masterclub will be my aftermarket track of choice.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 09:18 AM UTC
Great to hear. Maybe I should have asked for replacement parts for my twisted and bent Sherman Flail project...

I only wish Legend would listen in regard their instruction sheets.... trying to decipher their fully assembled pictures to work out where parts go is not easy, especially with no location marks.
 _GOTOTOP