_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Review
Kinetic: M3A3 Bradley
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 04:51 AM UTC

Georg Eyerman reviews, builds and finishes the Kinetic M3A3 Bradley in 1/35th scale.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 05:40 AM UTC
Looks like it came out pretty nice. I did the original build review of the Orochi M3A3 kit that this one is based on. I worked with Raymond at Kinetic to fix it and this is the result. He fixed most of the errors in the Orochi kit. He couldn't fix the added bolts and couldn't figure out why Orochi did them that way either.

As to this statement:

"Unfortunately, there was a casualty during all of this work: the photo-etch gun sight mounted on the articulated arm on the mantlet. I pinged it off into another dimension and can’t find it."

You are better off without it. The actual part is clear plexiglass with a printed black reticle on it.

Also of note, the tracks are a new type (T161) that have only been in use for about 5-6 years. They were not used on Bradleys with the ERA blocks. This is because the ERA blocks are only used in wartime (since they are explosive) and have not been used since Iraq when we withdrew combat forces in 2011. So, the ERA blocks should not be used on this version. I tried to explain this to Raymond and to leave both sets of track with a note about this, but he decided not to go that route.

If anyone decides to do one w/out the ERA (like I did in my review), here is what else has to be added to the hull in place of the ERA.

I converted my Orochi M3A3 into an M7A3 BFIST.

bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 01:12 PM UTC
Georg, it looks very good. Another medal at Armorcon next time??
 _GOTOTOP