_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Replacement parts from Roden? Any luck?
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 - 09:28 AM UTC
Does anyone know if Roden of Ukraine has any customer service ability? Has anyone gotten replacement parts?

A sprue is missing from a new kit that I've started. I live in the USA. Do you think there's a way to get a remedy? And no, the parts aren't simple ones I can easily scratchbuild either.

Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 - 06:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Does anyone know if Roden of Ukraine has any customer service ability? Has anyone gotten replacement parts?

A sprue is missing from a new kit that I've started. I live in the USA. Do you think there's a way to get a remedy? And no, the parts aren't simple ones I can easily scratchbuild either.

Have you tried contacting them on their website? A few years ago I was missing a set of wheel rims for the RR armored car. I sent them a note on their website message board, and got a reply within 24 hours. When I explained the problem they mailed me the parts. At that time they were in Eastern Ukraine, and have since moved, but even then I was surprised to find a package in my mailbox within about 10 days, covered with Ukrainian commemorative stamps!

Heres their website— look under “mail”: http://www.roden.eu/
VR, Russ
B_Ernie
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 54 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 - 07:01 PM UTC
I had some missing parts in one of my RR Armoured Car kits, sent them a message via their web page and received no reply - 8 weeks later a package from the Ukraine arrived with the missing parts.
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 - 02:49 AM UTC
Thanks! I emailed them with pictures yesterday. I hope to have the same success as you!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 - 04:37 AM UTC
Hmmm...how do you take pictures of a missing sprue?
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 - 04:42 AM UTC
Hahaha. I took a picture of my 50% built model. The missing sprue's parts aren't needed until later in the build. That's when I noticed it.
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 02, 2020 - 07:03 AM UTC
Roden: Great customer service!!!

A company representative returned my email inquiry in the new year. I received the missing sprue, free of charge, last week.

Thank you Roden!
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 02, 2020 - 10:51 AM UTC
Nice to know they still have great customer service. Although Roden often gets slammed for poor fit an rough detailing, I think they're one of the best companies around for bringing us subjects never kitted before, and I applaud their efforts. Their CS is just icing on the cake. I don't mind their fit issues and "short-run like plastic", as I've built other companies trash and they can't compare to Roden's engineering-- the USA Models 0-1 Birddog was an example -Roden's offering has its warts, but is sooo much nicer and better engineered. You can see why USA Models went out of business after their Bird Dog was released. Kudo's to Roden for filling that gap, and their WWI model effort.
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP