_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Good News from Rye Field Model
2505-Steven
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 - 04:16 AM UTC
Hi all, Rye Field Model will release a Challenger 2 Megatron. Looking forward to see this and hope some company will also take care for the Challenger 1. A decent model of the Challenger 1 is still missing.
Cheers and happy Christmas for all of you!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 - 04:59 AM UTC
Old News. RFM Megatron News
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 - 05:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I for one am glad you posted. Since I don’t get to enjoy as much online time as others I managed to miss the original. Of of the things about “news” items is that they completely disappear from the “AFV” forum unless, or until, they are responded to again. Sometimes news items get buried so quickly it’s easy to miss them unless you actively search them out on that forum. Hence my belated replies to many threads in that forum.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 - 06:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Of of the things about “news” items is that they completely disappear from the “AFV” forum unless, or until, they are responded to again.

Perhaps you could miss the news if you visit "latest posts" page exclusively. However, the recent news items are listed on Armorama homepage.

Mario
DickJones
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 - 12:15 AM UTC
I just looked at it on TMN. It's a definite no from me. It has those ultra delicate workable tracks used by Meng. An abject nightmare to me, the links break just by breathing on them. That's aside from the 5+ hour assembly time.

For the Leo2A7 I found the track pins (blue) to be extremely weak, even a little bit of tension when fitting the tracks over the running gear leads to tracks completely dismantling or breaking.
sussexguy
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 32 posts
Armorama: 26 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 - 12:23 AM UTC
Buy some Fruils?
 _GOTOTOP