_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Asuka/tasca parts
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2019 - 07:52 AM UTC
Greetings, All. Trying to locate some parts for the Asuka T23 turrets. Parts I need are C55 X2 (spare barrel clips) , J26 & J27 (MG storage bracket and J20 (MG storage clamp.) Need them for a rebuilt 75mm turret. Thanks.
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2019 - 08:16 AM UTC
If no one can help you, try here.
http://tasca-shop.ocnk.net/

ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2019 - 10:57 AM UTC
They are in several photo etch detail sets too
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2019 - 11:50 AM UTC
Asuka's site is an option, though it looks like they are out of the ones I need. There is a guy on ebay that has "spare parts" but it works out about $16 /per sprue . Trying not to have to spend a minor fortune (when you are on disability and below the poverty level that ain't much..... )for this project.
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2019 - 11:31 PM UTC
I found a lot of sellers offer kits by the sprue on Ebay for high prices.
Wondering if people really bite.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 02:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I did. I know of only one vendor on US Ebay and I bought an early M48 upper and lower hull and fenders for $29 delivered. That's less than the T54E1 donor kit would cost, even at deep discount.

I would not pay that much for a few small parts, though. I'd go to the boards for help or scratchbuild them.

KL
MarcelDrgon
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 03:45 AM UTC
Do you need the whole sprue or just some parts? I used to import tasca to Europe and I got plenty of stuff for myself, if it could fit into normal mail envelope, I could send it to you.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 03:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Do you need the whole sprue or just some parts? I used to import tasca to Europe and I got plenty of stuff for myself, if it could fit into normal mail envelope, I could send it to you.

Timothy wrote this:
"Greetings, All. Trying to locate some parts for the Asuka T23 turrets. Parts I need are
C55 X2 (spare barrel clips) ,
J26 & J27 (MG storage bracket and
J20 (MG storage clamp.)
Need them for a rebuilt 75mm turret. Thanks. "
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 09:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Asuka's site is an option, though it looks like they are out of the ones I need. There is a guy on ebay that has "spare parts" but it works out about $16 /per sprue . Trying not to have to spend a minor fortune (when you are on disability and below the poverty level that ain't much..... )for this project.

This sprue is available at the Asuka site and has the parts you want:

35019-C[35019-C]

$6.00 plus shipping. I got several a few months ago for the same reason you want them.

Kurt has a good point. I purchased a started T-72 to get the hatches I needed for a conversion turret. I got the kit for about 40%, shipped, compared to what the entire kit would have cost, no shipping. It was well worth it for me.
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 10:41 AM UTC
Hi, Randall. Just checked Asuka's site. The J sprue is showing out of stock There is one guy I've got Asuka parts from off Evil-bay that is reasonable but is limited. (I've gotten a couple track sets and periscope guard sets from him.) There is another guy who has more "stock" .... but mostly the common stuff .. and pricy. (not real good at answering e mails either.) But ... when they got you by the balls the hearts and minds will follow. By the way, I have spare parts from 6 Asuka shermans, so if any of you need parts (besides the ones I'm looking for ...) drop me a line and I'll see what I have. (Also have sevral of their JGSDF decal sheets)
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 10:45 AM UTC
If you're talking about what I think you are, I've done done the horizontal supports with Evergreen angle (.060?) and made the clips from lead foil. Might keep you on schedule with your build...
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 11:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There is one guy I've got Asuka parts from off Evil-bay that is reasonable but is limited. (I've gotten a couple track sets and periscope guard sets from him.) There is another guy who has more "stock" .... but mostly the common stuff .. and pricy. (not real good at answering e mails either.)

Which sellers are these? The only one I've found was beaddreamsllc.

KL
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 11:38 AM UTC
A seller named scottharv1 sells quite a bit of both modern and WWII sprues. I'd message him and see if he has what you need. A lot of times (I've done this with incomplete kits) They'll take off the parts you need, bringing shipping down to less than a buck, and you may or may not have to pay for the whole sprue.
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 12:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Having a need for a spare part, buying a single sprue is not so bad. In the need for a spare for one of my Takom AML's, I bought a sprue for around $7 (US) with about $2.50 shipping. My purchase saved me the unknowns about a manufacturer's quick response and support, in this instance.

I also allow time for shipping...with the Postal Soccer Team, you never know when you get your purchase, so I always look at the 1 day shipping with guarded optimism.
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 02:04 PM UTC
beaddreamsllc is the one with a bunch of stuff but is pricy and charges $6 for shippng no matter what ... next day???? Also does not mention parts only in posts. (Thought I was getting a good deal on a Dragon T34. It was only instructions and decals.... But ...... The guy I'e had good luck with is jroach31.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 07:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, Randall. Just checked Asuka's site. The J sprue is showing out of stock There is one guy I've got Asuka parts from off Evil-bay that is reasonable but is limited. (I've gotten a couple track sets and periscope guard sets from him.) There is another guy who has more "stock" .... but mostly the common stuff .. and pricy. (not real good at answering e mails either.) But ... when they got you by the balls the hearts and minds will follow. By the way, I have spare parts from 6 Asuka shermans, so if any of you need parts (besides the ones I'm looking for ...) drop me a line and I'll see what I have. (Also have sevral of their JGSDF decal sheets)

My mistake, the bracket to hold the 50 cal when broke down is on the J sprue. The clip parts for the barrel are on the other sprue, and are common for most of the kits. I don't have any extras, with luck you'll find what you need.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2020 - 09:26 AM UTC
Thanks for the recommendations.

The beaddreamsllc guy only charged me $5.99 for shipping two large sprues, so apparently he combines items for shipping. It was First Class Mail, GA to PA in three days.

KL
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2020 - 01:05 PM UTC
"GA to PA in three days" .... so much for his "1 day shipping" ...
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2020 - 05:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

"GA to PA in three days" .... so much for his "1 day shipping" ...

His Ebay listings say "Will usually ship within same business day if paid before 12:00 PST (excludes weekends and holidays). Expected ship time may vary and is based on seller's order cut-off time." That's one day shipping. You are confusing "one-day shipping" with overnight, next-day, or second-day delivery, which would cost considerably more than the $5.50 he is charging, like by an order of magnitude.

KL
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2020 - 05:29 AM UTC
I too have purchased sprues/hull/turret parts from beaddreamsllc. I have always received great service and the package arrived within 2-4 days to FL. No complaints from me.
Buzz
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 58 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2020 - 07:26 AM UTC
Have you received your parts? I just saw this post and started to read it. I'm the beaddreamsllc guy.
 _GOTOTOP