_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
2 cm flakvierling reference needed
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 401 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2020 - 05:04 PM UTC
Hello all,

Would anyone happen to have a historical photo of a specific flakvierling quad gun that had “Jabo Schreck” written on its centre?

Thanks in advance!
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 01:41 AM UTC
Hi, I hope this isn't a stupid question, but if you don't already have a photo of it, what has led you to think that such a thing existed?

In the title of the post you wrote 2cm. The Nuts and Bolts book, which contains a lot of photos, suggests that few 2cm Flakvierling had anything painted on them, only either camo (though normally not) or markings recording kills (again, normally not).

Although "Jabo Schreck" is sort of just a slogan, something like "fighter-bomber terror", it often refers to the 3cm Flak, I think. Maybe that's just irrelevant though.

Sorry, this doesn't really help, but I've just been using the Nuts and Bolts book as over the holiday I finished Tamiya's "golden oldie" flakvierling, so I thought I'd pitch in as no one else has.
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 401 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 02:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, I hope this isn't a stupid question, but if you don't already have a photo of it, what has led you to think that such a thing existed?

In the title of the post you wrote 2cm. The Nuts and Bolts book, which contains a lot of photos, suggests that few 2cm Flakvierling had anything painted on them, only either camo (though normally not) or markings recording kills (again, normally not).

Although "Jabo Schreck" is sort of just a slogan, something like "fighter-bomber terror", it often refers to the 3cm Flak, I think. Maybe that's just irrelevant though.

Sorry, this doesn't really help, but I've just been using the Nuts and Bolts book as over the holiday I finished Tamiya's "golden oldie" flakvierling, so I thought I'd pitch in as no one else has.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your reply! It actually does help me, as I've been searching for a reference and haven't been able to find any, so it's an affirmation that it likely does not exist.

My question stems from the AFV Club 2 cm flakvierling kit which came with a decal with a kill count and "Jabo Schreck" written next to it. I decided to add the decal to add a little variety to the model, so it's all right as well if there's no reference of an actual one.
 _GOTOTOP