_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Hobby Fan: ROC Modern Infantry
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 10:46 PM UTC

Hobby Fan announced their new 1/35 scale figure set depicting South Korean Army soldiers.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
ryally
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 879 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 11:02 PM UTC
Find Hobby Fan figures strange the U.S figures very hard to find or out of stock. The Stryker crew came and went quickly but the soldiers disembarking were much easier to find. Also I find the poses a little hit and miss some look good and some look like the sculptor gave up near the end

These ones look better than some from the past sets
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 - 01:12 AM UTC
They look pretty good. They could be used as US figures as well. All you would need to do is change out the AT rocket launcher for a US AT-4 or a rifle and you would be good.
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 - 03:02 AM UTC
Thank you Mario for another great notice/review, but are these figures not representing Taiwan's soldiers? I am confused. The video clip link here shows some 2018 ROC uniform color & gear... https://youtu.be/ebaDAA7MYOY
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 - 04:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you Mario for another great notice/review, but are these figures not representing Taiwan's soldiers? I am confused. The video clip link here shows some 2018 ROC uniform color & gear... https://youtu.be/ebaDAA7MYOY

Yes they are, in the latest combat uniform, ca. 2019. The Republic of China (ROC) is Taiwan. Not to confuse it with the PRC— the People’s Republic of China, otherwise known as “mainland China”. The ROC was otherwise known as “Nationalist China” founded in 1912, and relocated to Taiwan after the Chinese civil war in 1949 (Communist vs Nationalists). Most of the shots in the you-tube video are of 2018 ROC SF, and Marines, wearing their uniforms.

These figures look great, and I agree, they could be used as US troops if the weapons were changed out. As far as availability goes, the last time I checked, Merit was the US distributor for Hobby Fan. Hobby Fan is the “limited run” branch of AFV Club, and is an industry based in the ROC. HF produces a catalog, but the availability of their items is often less than AFV club, as most of the items are resin (as these figures are) or resin with plastic kit components (as in most of their vehicle kits). As such, they are “limited run” and go in and out of production frequently. They are also are a lot more expensive than the AFV club line. In the past, HF has had a relationship with Academy from Korea, and has used Academy plastic in several of their “composite” vehicle kits.
VR, Russ
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 - 11:43 AM UTC
One could definitely use Live-Resin parts and make them into U.S. figures.

The M240 gunner is unique in that there aren't many figures with such a pose.

They all have action / firing poses so that meshes well.

I like them.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 - 09:19 AM UTC
Some of the poses will be very useful and if they can in fact be used with modification as modern U.S. troops more the better.
 _GOTOTOP