_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
RB Productions / radubstore
PzAufkl
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 103 posts
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 - 12:44 AM UTC
Has anybody successfully ordered merchandise from this Irish online shop?
I placed an order on january 4 and received a confirmation three days later, stating my order had been mailed. According to their advertised shipping policy, that should've been via Registered Mail, as the order value was over € 25,50.

As of today, nothing has arrived, and two online enquiries have remained unanswered.
Any comments or suggestions?
Peter
ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 1,390 posts
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 - 02:22 AM UTC
Peter,

I bought some radiator mesh sets from RB Productions some time ago and they arrived safely within 2-3 weeks after being shipped.

HTH
SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 1,617 posts
Armorama: 1,150 posts
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 - 02:35 AM UTC
Have faith and patience.
RB is really ok!
PzAufkl
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 01:37 AM UTC
My order arrived on jan 29, with all contents highly OK.
Contrary to what's being said on the website and in my order confirmation, there was no information on tracking the registered mail parcel, and several enquiring emails remained unanswered.
Go figure why I have different opinions of merchandise and service.
Peter
PzAufkl
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2020 - 03:33 AM UTC
Hi everybody,
As I wrote before, I'm highly content with RB's folding tool I ordered. However, I have a problem with their channel/parallel bends attachment that I ordered with the main instrument:
I find it impossible to hold down the attachment when trying to make the bends for very narrow channels like 1 or 1.5 mm width - there's just not enough room for my fingers to press down upon while operating the bending brake.
Can anybody give a hint to solve this problem?
TIA,
Peter
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2020 - 03:48 AM UTC
Miniature C-clamps by Micro Mark.
PzAufkl
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2020 - 07:40 AM UTC
Any sort of clamps only works for narrow parts. With intended bends of wider things, the material isn't held down all over its width. Thus, there's no sharp fold in the central area - the wider the part, the less. (At least when I try to bend 20 mm wide printer's aluminum w/o etched bending lines or equally thin sheet styrene ...)
Peter
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2020 - 08:46 AM UTC
Can you post a photo? I believe I've had similar issues (there are always issues with PE) that I solved one way or another.

PzAufkl
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2020 - 09:16 PM UTC
Sorry, can't post a photo, but there's a video showing the working principle of the tool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5mvo3jX8Yg&feature=emb_title

Now when you insert RB's "attachment for parallel bends"
http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=77_79&products_id=217
to form a channel, you can easily clamp or press down for the first bend. With the second, however, the result of bend #1 will stand in the way. Not a problem as long as #2 is sufficiently far away to insert your thumb (say 15 mm and up)- but for a real narrow channel?
HTH to explain the problem,
Peter
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2020 - 12:21 AM UTC
I would suggest that the product is not up to the demand you are placing on it and it was never expected to cope with the task you have.
PzAufkl
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2020 - 11:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I would suggest that the product is not up to the demand you are placing on it and it was never expected to cope with the task you have.

???
Actually, I'm trying to find help in using the thing as advertised - "to make parallel bends" -, and if 1 mm is one of the widths provided for, I think it's not overly demanding to expect the product to cope with such a task.
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2020 - 07:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

???
Actually, I'm trying to find help in using the thing as advertised - "to make parallel bends" -, and if 1 mm is one of the widths provided for, I think it's not overly demanding to expect the product to cope with such a task.

_You are not asking too much.

I think, unfortunately, that the tool is (grossly) overpromising to suggest it can usefully fold PE in the manner shown. It's made from thin pieces of PE metal. There is no way that it's going to properly make really narrow parallal bends. It simply isn't going to be stiff enough to do it for exactly the reasons you have discovered.

To stiffen up the clamp portion of the brake (these kinds of tools are more orrectly called "brakes") you could get a piece of significantly thicker material (like aluminum or steel) and clamp it all together with the edge of the clamps running as close as possible up to the edge of the provided tool clamp.

But, even if you do that, you'll find that the folding part of the brake isn't stiff enough to crisply fold across the entire width.

I'm sorry, but, as an engineer, I can tell you that the various parts of a brake need to be significantly stiffer than the metal it is trying to bend in order for it to work. And this tool simply isn't up to the job. The two sides of the clamp would need to be something liek 5-8mm thick and clamped in 2-3 places plus the folding aprt would also need to be 5-8mm thick in order for this to crisply fold narrow parallel bends.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2020 - 01:50 AM UTC
Sorry I misunderstood what you were asking, but asking photo etch to bend photo etch is not a great idea.
 _GOTOTOP