_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns: Active Campaigns
Campaigns that are either in planning or underway should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Bundeswehr 2020 Group Build
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 07:41 AM UTC
Hi. Just realised I needed to set up a specific thread in Campaigns so people can find it... so here it is!! Please post to this thread, not the old one.

Dates: 1 May 2020 Start and 12 Nov 2020 Finish to coincide with the 65th anniversary of founding:

If you haven't already enlisted, please go here:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=1005

The reward for completing the build will be, as suggested by Torsten, in the proposal thread...

Hope to see you there.

BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 08:28 AM UTC
Peter, I feel honoured with this little ribbon. Meanwhile I have decided to switch from building an "earth crawler" to a wingy thingy. I'll build the good old "NATO-Diesel" F-4F Phantom II of JG 74 "Mölders", if that's okay. The kit is RoG (ex Hasegawa) in 1/48.
I noticed that your campaign starts at the same time as my "Leopard 2" Campaign. But I think I can manage 2 campaign builds at the same time.

Happy modelling!
Torsten
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 09:47 AM UTC
Thank you Peter, I think I have enlisted for too many campaigns, I hope to be on time for the beginning of this one.
SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 1,617 posts
Armorama: 1,150 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 11:15 AM UTC
Thanks for the Bump Peter.
I'm also going with the Wings and will be building Erich Hartmann's JA-111 Sabre from Jagdgeschwader 71 "Richthofen" in 1/32. Ordered some material to get this of the ground

Looking forward to it.

Robert Jan
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 11:55 AM UTC
Peter not seen this campaign before and I'm very tempted but I'll wait until nearer the time before joining.
My entry if I have time to join will be 1/35 either a Fennek A1 or the Fennek 1A2 Blackdog upgrade or a Fennek Pionierfahrzeug Perfect Scale Modellbau Conversion.

Guess you could say I like the Fennek
May have to build a Dutch one for the wheel AFV campaign.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 02:56 PM UTC
I thought the 2020 and Bundeswehr were separate campaigns???
LikesTanks
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 242 posts
Armorama: 234 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 04:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

They are, this one for all things BRD since 1955, and 20/20 in 2020 for recon/observation vehicles.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 11:33 PM UTC
Maybe my banner that has the two builds in it led you to believe it was one build Gaz. Sorry if that confused people.

As Richard says, this one is open to any model relating to Bundeswehr use only. The Bundeswehr covers the German Army, Navy and Airforce, so as long as it was a vehicle, ship or plane in use by them in the last 65 years or is of a figure in Bundeswehr livery, this is the build for that.

20/20 is open to any model that fits its observation/recon rules and can be in use by any nation.

Join both, you know you want to....

GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 10:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Join both, you know you want to....

I’ve been in both since the early days. I’ve already bought Spahpanzer Luchs for 2020. I’m doing an M-47 for Bundeswehr. And to stay on theme for the year, I’m doing a Leopard 2A4 for the Leopard 2 Campaign. Pay attention!
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 02:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Pay attention!

Yes Dad....

I did mention to you a while ago, that you that you had a theme running this year....

I was contemplating both the Luchs and M47 for this build myself. The other options were the Meng Panzerhaubitze and old Tamiya Marder.

I'm looking forward to both builds.
Removed by original poster on 01/31/20 - 05:49:27 (GMT).
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 03:15 PM UTC
[quote] Ok... It's January 30, and I don't see any way I can start this before the first... [quote}

Wrong thread Gaz. You are doing the Luchs for the 20/20 in 2020 thread. That is another thread - see here:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/282892&page=1

This thread you have posted in is the one you are planning to do the M47 for, and does not start until May...

P.S.

Quoted Text

According to the box it's a 2-in-1 kit. So, I suppose I have options.

Yes that is why it says a1/A2 on the box … A1 "early" or A2 "late", so to speak. Depending on which version you want to build, you need the correct set of tyres to go with it, hence the two sets in the kit.

Wayne is currently building this kit and has bought the DEF resin wheels to go with it. They look like a good investment over the kit ones.

Be prepared for hours of fun on the suspension and running gear, most of which is hidden
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 05:48 PM UTC
You really need to take 2020 out of the title, Peter.
terminators
Visit this Community
France
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 11:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not agree. The confusion between the 2 campaigns is not possible. Different themes, different dates, different rules, different titles.

Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 11:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Not agree. The confusion between the 2 campaigns is not possible. Different themes, different dates, different rules, different titles.

I agree with Alex, keep it as is.

Gaz for your Luch build look for 20/20 first and not Bundeswehr.

Do the following thread confuse you?
Got Wheels? Campaign 2020
Annual Nuremberg Toy Fair 2020
Tamiya 2020 release...1/48 T-55A spotted...
SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 1,617 posts
Armorama: 1,150 posts
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 - 03:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

They are, this one for all things BRD since 1955, and 20/20 in 2020 for recon/observation vehicles.

Well I think your english teachers would be very disappointed.

Peter fails to put smne 'comma' on the right spot.
Gazzas has info about 2 twenty twenty campaign things, but there is only one?
I was wondering when this would give so much confusion.
The corrected sentence to make it all clear...

They(to be replaced by the tittles of the campaigns) are, this one(tittle Noº 1 for all things BRD since 1955(Bundeswehr, and 20/20 in 2020 for recon/observation vehicles.
Problem solved.

Dutch is my Native English
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 - 07:11 AM UTC
Tank1812 (Ryan K) and SpeedyJ (Robert Jan),
You guys all think you're funny or something? You didn't need to interject your attempts to belittle me for a simple mistake. Yet here you are lowering yourselves just so that you can have a little fun at my expense.

You may not read the forum like I do, and your life probably isn't as busy as mine. Keep your blathering, worthless opinions to yourself!

And if you're going to insult me in English, at least learn how to spell "title"!
Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 - 08:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Tank1812 (Ryan K) and SpeedyJ (Robert Jan),
You guys all think you're funny or something? You didn't need to interject your attempts to belittle me for a simple mistake. Yet here you are lowering yourselves just so that you can have a little fun at my expense.

You may not read the forum like I do, and your life probably isn't as busy as mine. Keep your blathering, worthless opinions to yourself!

And if you're going to insult me in English, at least learn how to spell "title"!

I usually think I am funny. However, I know my humor doesn’t always land, well most of the time it does not. Just have to keep slinging, to find the ones that stick.

I commented because you wanted to change something to fit just you it seems and I disagree. To better understand your position, I asked about other threads, even in the campaign filter that might also cause issues. Then to not be a complete jack wagon, provided help to find what you wanted but I guess that was for not.

To stay on topic, I am leaning towards the Revell Man 5t vs Takom Fug 2.5t forklift.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 - 09:38 AM UTC
Hey, mellow out guys. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to be treated with respect for it.

Gaz, valid point. As I said, I understand where it may have been confusing.

Ryan. Thanks for confirming you meant it in jest. We all know how text can be read different ways.

Robert. I know you meant well too. We have had enough text conversations for me to know you would not make comments at someone else's expense.

As to English, well there is English (English), English (American) and then there is English (Australian). Talk to us and there is no punctuation or spaces between words. "Howsitgoingmate?" & "Haveagoodweekend"

We are all here to have fun, so let's put this all behind us and look to happier times.

Looking forward to all the builds you guys are planning.

Cheers

terminators
Visit this Community
France
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2020 - 12:18 AM UTC
Let's go !

My model for this campaign:

TPZ 1 fuchs A6A1 NBC, to make the version right there are a few modifications needed due to the old upper hull from the original kit released in 1998.

Doors are in one part with windows obturated with solid shutters, I will rebuild the doors to have windows visible.

To improve the model, a driver compartment and new wheels

Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2020 - 08:41 AM UTC
I will go with the Man 5t and kit decals. Not sure what scheme. I am tempted to do the UN scheme as my first unit was also in Somalia then just before I on boarded with them. I think will replace the MR Modellbau tires with Def Model tires unless I hear something that tells me that is a bad idea. Also looking for any in county photos and any things to look out for on the kit.

terminators
Visit this Community
France
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2020 - 12:17 PM UTC
Hello Ryan, nice choice.
mechaman
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2020 - 03:19 PM UTC
For this group build I am digging this Tamiya Leopard 2a5 out of the closet.

Going to building a KFOR Leo

BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2020 - 11:16 PM UTC
Ryan, that's a lovely kit. Have build it last year during the Logistics Campaign on Armorama, because I drove one of these for 3 years during my army time in the 1980's. It's easy to build, maybe not as detailed as the younger Hobbyboss kit, but also a lot cheaper ....

John, good choice!

I will seriously burn some kerosine when I have time to start this campaign and build a F-4F Phantom II of the Bundesluftwaffe in the 1990's. Will post a photo of the kit later ....

Torsten
Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 06:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ryan, that's a lovely kit. Have build it last year during the Logistics Campaign on Armorama, because I drove one of these for 3 years during my army time in the 1980's. It's easy to build, maybe not as detailed as the younger Hobbyboss kit, but also a lot cheaper

Torsten,
Anything to look out for with the build or any easy details to add? I am thinking about using the HB Leopard mg/ring in the turret. Do you know if the Somalia trucks where armed? I was told our 5 ton trucks where on convoys. I don’t disagree about the HB kit over the Revell kit but the Revell kit was priced right, already in the stash.
 _GOTOTOP