_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M1128 MGS with DUKE antenna help
twong529
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 157 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 04:17 AM UTC
Looking for some help. I have the AFV M1128 Stryker MGS and would like to add a DUKE antenna to it. I found a couple photos of an MGS in Iraq with the DUKE antenna mounted to the left side of the turret. Does anyone have any photos showing where on the turret the DUKE is actually attached to? I also have the AFV Stryker upgrade set which includes the DUKE antenna and will use that to add to my MGS.

The link below shows the MGS with the DUKE in photos 2 and 3 but not clear enough to see where and or how it is attached. Hoping someone has closeups showing that area. Thanks for any help you can provide.
http://bemil.chosun.com/nbrd/gallery/view.html?b_bbs_id=10044&num=95264

jwest21
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 07:22 AM UTC
I do not believe that is a Duke antenna but the crosswind sensor for the gun. I have a pic with one of the paddle shaped antennas on it, but it is mounted on the front right of the hull. I can send you those pics.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 07:31 AM UTC
It is the DUKE CREW antenna. Judging from the pics, just add an L-shaped mount on the side of the gun housing. The housung has several bolts where they can attach the mounting.
jwest21
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 08:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It is the DUKE CREW antenna. Judging from the pics, just add an L-shaped mount on the side of the gun housing. the housiung has several bolts where they can attach the mounting.

Oops, I was looking at the top pic and didn't realize there were more pics if you scroll down
zapper
Visit this Community
Skċne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 08:21 AM UTC
OOT but...
Seem like part of the ammo belt for the coax is hanging out of the shell casing port of the vehicle in the second picture(?).

Cheers,
/E
 _GOTOTOP