_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Rye Field Challenger 2 TES - Availability
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2020 - 05:49 AM UTC
Hey all!

I have been anxious to get any info I can about the new Rye Field Challenger 2 TES (5039) since I just recently saw that the kit was soon to be available. No stores in the US have it yet, but I've found several of these kits, supposedly being able to purchase right now from eBay sellers in China for ~$65. Any thoughts on whether these sellers are legitimate? Are the Rye Field kits usually available in their native China before becoming available in the west? I'm inclined to pull the trigger on one of these Chinese sellers, though I've had some bad experiences in getting kits sent in envelopes with the boxes half destroyed (but the parts and contents all okay). Thanks for any ideas you may have.
Black_sheep
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 823 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2020 - 06:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey all!

I have been anxious to get any info I can about the new Rye Field Challenger 2 TES (5039) since I just recently saw that the kit was soon to be available. No stores in the US have it yet, but I've found several of these kits, supposedly being able to purchase right now from eBay sellers in China for ~$65. Any thoughts on whether these sellers are legitimate? Are the Rye Field kits usually available in their native China before becoming available in the west? I'm inclined to pull the trigger on one of these Chinese sellers, though I've had some bad experiences in getting kits sent in envelopes with the boxes half destroyed (but the parts and contents all okay). Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Hello Curt,

I have preordered mine at Modellbau König in Germany. They write it will be available mid - end of February. I did ordered from China bevor (Globalhobby at most) but never had any problems so far

P.S.: Do you know if there will be a barracuda net needed for the newest Version fielded in UK?!
barny
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 273 posts
Armorama: 272 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2020 - 08:04 AM UTC
No barracuda net mate, have to do your own .
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2020 - 02:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Guys,

I don't know if you happen to have a Silhouette Cameo machine, but these are popular in the aircraft modeling arena. I have one but have yet to open the box and get it set up. I just asked today in a forum that is devoted to using the Silhouette machine to make masks for airplane symbols/insignias/markings if anyone had a pattern to use in the Silhouette for th Barracuda camo. There was a suggestion made, and I can let you know what that's all about if you're interested.
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2020 - 02:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Curt,

I have preordered mine at Modellbau König in Germany. They write it will be available mid - end of February. I did ordered from China bevor (Globalhobby at most) but never had any problems so far

P.S.: Do you know if there will be a barracuda net needed for the newest Version fielded in UK?!

Thank you, sir, for your information!
chauvel
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 155 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2020 - 11:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Was there not a company doing Barracuda matting which could be cut to size from a large sheet & then applied to (principally) a Leopard? Being on a large sheet, I can't imagine it would be all that difficult to adopt the same process for a Cr2...
barny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2020 - 07:50 PM UTC
Barracuda net is available in various forms .decals photo etch ..so should be easy enough to replicate with patience.
barny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2020 - 07:56 PM UTC

I used photo etch and green stuff on this one.
afvaficionado
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 160 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Monday, February 03, 2020 - 09:46 PM UTC
Guys,

I don't know if you happen to have a Silhouette Cameo machine, but these are popular in the aircraft modeling arena. I have one but have yet to open the box and get it set up. I just asked today in a forum that is devoted to using the Silhouette machine to make masks for airplane symbols/insignias/markings if anyone had a pattern to use in the Silhouette for th Barracuda camo. There was a suggestion made, and I can let you know what that's all about if you're interested.

Hi Curt
Sounds interesting, do tell.

Mal
kaleu
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 05:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Guys,

Do tell more.
 _GOTOTOP