_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Stug F8 Late Winterketten
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 - 09:23 AM UTC
Hi All,

Does the dragon kit of the late Stug III F8 with winterketten come with the parts to back date it to an early Stug III F??

Thanks
Mike
silkgx
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2020 - 04:22 PM UTC
Mike
If you mean Dragon 6644 I am afraid some items needed to back date to an early Ausf F are absent and some parts would need to be modified. Absent are the Headlights and towing points Like those on Ausf A to D.(Available as Aftermarket Items I believe), antenna base/channel. Modified parts would be the direction of engine vent covers. Removal of bolted additional armor and replace with welded. Hull rear,transmition vents and exhaust area. Different tool and tow cable placement.
Ths is just what I can see and more may differ by build date of Ausf F ie. l/43 barrel (missing) vs l/48
So unless you like modifing and scratch building Plus have good references I would say a definite NO.(just my opinion others milage may vary)
Bill
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2020 - 09:26 PM UTC
Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for the reply!! As the kit is over $100 here in Aussie I wanted to make sure it could do what I wanted & now I know it can’t!!

And I wasn’t sure if like a lot of the other dragons kits if you got the earlier version parts in the newer version.

So I will have to get an early version for my idea.

Thanks
Mike
 _GOTOTOP