_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Das Werk: Kettenkrad
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 12:58 PM UTC

Das Werk collaborates with Dragon Models with its release of this unique WWII-era tracked vehicle initially designed to be deployed as a lightweight, towing vehicle for the German airborne forces.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 04:32 PM UTC
Well, I guess this saves Dragon the trouble of bringing the kit back themselves. Maybe they should just turn over all their molds to companies that will actually do more with them. And cheaper.
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 2,888 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 12:24 AM UTC
The last Dragon Kettenkrad had the front wheel perfectly placed to just touch the ground...until you actually mounted the tracks. Had to go full Frankenstein on the front fork to fix that. Hopefully they can at least get that sorted.

ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 05:39 AM UTC
If it's a reasonable price I could see picking up one. A great space filler on a diorama.
Mark, thanks for the heads up on the floating front wheel! If I do go that route I hope that I'll remember it when the time comes.
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 10:58 AM UTC
Das werk has also gone in with Bold Division to make a very nice trailer. Seems all these collaborations with kit companies is entering our hobby into a new golden age!
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 02:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The last Dragon Kettenkrad had the front wheel perfectly placed to just touch the ground...until you actually mounted the tracks. Had to go full Frankenstein on the front fork to fix that. Hopefully they can at least get that sorted.

Mine touches the ground just fine, and I did nothing beyond following the instructions.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 10:23 AM UTC
So, outside the six different markings how are these different from the original Dragon offerings? Is this a sort of "Cyber hobby" type of offering?
ryally
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 879 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 12:20 PM UTC
This hurt me seeing this I was really hoping for a new kit. Can Tamiya, Takom or Meng or someone other than Dragon please bring a new Kettenkrad in 1/35, 1/16 and 1/9. I must be crazy but some of the stuff being released of Paper Panzers or version f/g/whatever I can't help think a new Kettenkrad would sell better......add a new plastic nebelwerfer, like a two in one kit as a decent cheapish Nebelwerfer is impossible to find.
 _GOTOTOP