Hosted by Darren Baker
Paracel Russian Tank Crew on Ammo T-54B
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 09:47 AM UTC
When I saw this set of 1/72 Russian Tank Crew from Paracel on Armorama I ordered them straight away, direct from Paracel who sent them quickly. Over the last couple of weeks I got around to painting them and mounting two of them on the T-54 I built last year. I tried to do a Syrian Arab Army uniform camouflage scheme, still looks a bit too bright in the photos. At the same time I fixed it to a base with a few bits of rubbish as scenery.

BravoTwoZero
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 370 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 10:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

When I saw this set of 1/72 Russian Tank Crew from Paracel on Armorama I ordered them straight away, direct from Paracel who sent them quickly. Over the last couple of weeks I got around to painting them and mounting two of them on the T-54 I built last year. I tried to do a Syrian Arab Army uniform camouflage scheme, still looks a bit too bright in the photos. At the same time I fixed it to a base with a few bits of rubbish as scenery.

Pretty cool Matthew! I ordered the same set but I doubt if I can paint mine the way you did yours. You made them look even more amazing!

-Joseph
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 09:03 AM UTC
Matthew, I use AK Interactive dust pigments tone down cammo uniforms and seal with mineral spirits. The desctwo things.
1) lightens the brightness of the paint
2) gives the uniform a faded appearance
I have Parcels Modern US tank crew
Cheers
Charlie
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 09:44 AM UTC
Charles, sounds like a good idea, I agree that they could do with a bit of fading, and I will probably do something similar with the two as yet unused figures when they are added to a future model. I would say that these figures do look more brightly coloured in these photos than they seem in real life. I won a gold at a competition with this (not a massive number of entries ) so I may leave this one as it is now.
Thanks for the feedback.
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 10:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Charles, sounds like a good idea, I agree that they could do with a bit of fading, and I will probably do something similar with the two as yet unused figures when they are added to a future model. I would say that these figures do look more brightly coloured in these photos than they seem in real life. I won a gold at a competition with this (not a massive number of entries ) so I may leave this one as it is now.
Thanks for the feedback.

Matthew, your welcome
Cheers
Charlie
 _GOTOTOP