_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
T-90MS camouflage
GregCopplin
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 212 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 04:01 AM UTC
Just received the T-90MS from Zvezda, I see the camo scheme is a desert pattern. Is there any evidence of this having a different camo or a plain green scheme?
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 08:03 AM UTC
Greg;

I think that you actually have a few painting options...

I Googled "Russian T-90MS MBT" and looked thru several pics... From photos of the real thing, it looks like the 90MS has appeared wearing a couple of those splinter patterns, at least two different soft-edge "service" schemes, and at least one solid monochrome scheme!

Cheers! Bob
GregCopplin
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 08:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Greg;

I think that you actually have a few painting options...

I Googled "Russian T-90MS MBT" and looked thru several pics... From photos of the real thing, it looks like the 90MS has appeared wearing a couple of those splinter patterns, at least two different soft-edge "service" schemes, and at least one solid monochrome scheme!

Cheers! Bob

I was getting a lot of pics from the expo they showed the original at. Thank you, i saw the tiger models kit had a different camo scheme.
ttwells
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 316 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 09:59 AM UTC
I think this one would blow them away at any show...

Hangelafette
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 344 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 11:52 AM UTC
Not quite as well camouflaged as Ted's pic, but here is another option:
T-90MS The international forum "Technologies in mechanical engineering" 2012 by Pavel Bukanov, on Flickr

I don't think there are any T-90MS tanks in service yet, so all of the options will be from shows and exhibitions. The greens ones online might be the T-90M, which looks similar to the T-90MS. The Tiger Model 'soft edge' scheme is from the tank's debut in 2011. There are pics of Putin standing on and sitting in this tank. If fact the Trumpeter offering comes with a Putin figure.

Some of the T-90S tanks delivered to Iraq have the same camo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9scyBxl-a2w

India has ordered a bunch, it will be interesting to see how they dress them up.

Cheers,
Nate
GregCopplin
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 01:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not quite as well camouflaged as Ted's pic, but here is another option:
T-90MS The international forum "Technologies in mechanical engineering" 2012 by Pavel Bukanov, on Flickr

I don't think there are any T-90MS tanks in service yet, so all of the options will be from shows and exhibitions. The greens ones online might be the T-90M, which looks similar to the T-90MS. The Tiger Model 'soft edge' scheme is from the tank's debut in 2011. There are pics of Putin standing on and sitting in this tank. If fact the Trumpeter offering comes with a Putin figure.

Some of the T-90S tanks delivered to Iraq have the same camo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9scyBxl-a2w

India has ordered a bunch, it will be interesting to see how they dress them up.

Cheers,
Nate

I’m not gonna lie, i bought the kit without realizing it wasn’t the right variation that I’d enjoy building. But it was a birthday gift to myself to I’ll have fun with it anyways and get another variant next
 _GOTOTOP