_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Too much time at the bench
tangodown
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 213 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 10:12 AM UTC
You know you've been at the workbench too long when your dog comes to remind you to go outside, lol. Do you model with your pet/friend? Let's see your fury friends!

This is Freyja.

18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 11:28 AM UTC
I'm glad everyone has time at the bench. I've had three missions cancelled so far, with more to come. You'll appreciate this: I was scheduled to go to Maple Resolve this year. Planned on taking an assload of photos, walk arounds... It was cancelled as well.

In the interim, one of my company's properties got hit by a tornado in Pecos, TX two weeks ago. I came out here to help with repairs and clean up. I brought a kit with me, and bought a little Airfix kit in Odessa. Fourteen hour days, zero modeling time. Then we got hit by an earthquake. On top of COVID-19, oil is down to $20/barrel and we're bleeding money. I'm just waiting for the locusts to come next.

Meanwhile Molly is waiting for Daddy to come home and give her a Greenie.

JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 01:13 PM UTC
My evil lil' buddy physically restraining me on the couch so I can't have bench time. Note that he's got his face across a book I was reviewing.
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 01:27 PM UTC
I don't have a camera but I woke up today to find the running gear of my Tamiya T-55 on the floor with the kitten looking pleased with herself. Still missing one road wheel but I'll just watch her and she'll eventually bring it out of hiding.
Robbd01
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 01:35 PM UTC
My buddy. Likes to hang out just before I want to paint. Nothing like dog hair stuck to your subject.

Cheers

panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 01:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't have a camera but I woke up today to find the running gear of my Tamiya T-55 on the floor with the kitten looking pleased with herself. Still missing one road wheel but I'll just watch her and she'll eventually bring it out of hiding.

We'll all hope that that kitten surfaces the missing wheel from a hiding place... Generally, my cat does when she steals a part. But cats are often like the suburbs... "All the lights are on, but nobody's home!":D A few decades ago, one of my dad's cats ate one of my Airfix 72 plastic figures... needed an intestinal surgery to get the little guy back!
Scarred
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 04:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

We'll all hope that that kitten surfaces the missing wheel from a hiding place... Generally, my cat does when she steals a part. But cats are often like the suburbs... "All the lights are on, but nobody's home!":D A few decades ago, one of my dad's cats ate one of my Airfix 72 plastic figures... needed an intestinal surgery to get the little guy back!

It showed up. I just had to ignore the furry bandit for 5 minutes and she would do something to get my attention. A couple days ago I started refinishing the top of my coffee table and was putting on the final coat of stain in the tool room so I was ignoring the monster. As I was wiping off the stain I heard the tell-tale sound of something plastic being batted across the kitchen floor. I finished what I was doing, closed the tool room door and went to wash my hands in the kitchen, purposely not paying any attention to the kitten. I got done and looked at her and she was sitting there with the wheel between her feet looking really smug. So I gave here some uncooked macaroni, a favorite toy of hers, and took the wheel. It's now back where it belongs in the paint booth undamaged from it's adventures.
jon_a_its
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 1,137 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 10:19 PM UTC
Bolt on the Hobby Room door when not present... or bolt action?
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 11:14 PM UTC
My dog, a few weeks back and a week before we had to put her down.

She only once messed with a model, chewed up a 1/48 Bandai Jeep sprue a few years back. I think the trailer sprue was the only one that wasn’t destroyed. I do a bunch of modeling in the living room, she never messed with any other kits. Did have a sheet of paper with some oil paints on it that her tail sent airborne when she wagged her tail at some she saw in the window but that more my fault then hers. The misses did whack me in the nose for putting a stain on the carpet.

We don’t have a new dog yet, ain’t ready for that but needed something to run around the house. The wife wants to foster, so we got a cat for two days before it was adopted out. Based on all the stories I have read, I kept my model door closed at night and cleaned up at night any work in the living room to avoid any issues. He was gone to quick to see it that would work ok.
Neo
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 916 posts
Armorama: 758 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2020 - 01:49 AM UTC
Too much time at the Bench - Never, no such thing.
I don't have a dog (and deff. not a cat) to interrupt me.

But I do have a wife...
Tank1812
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2020 - 02:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

But I do have a wife...

The mother of all distractors! YMMV.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2020 - 02:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

But I do have a wife...

Neo
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 916 posts
Armorama: 758 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2020 - 02:59 AM UTC
One better:
Covid Camo Cupcakes & Frosted Cake.
I shouldn't complain (but I do)...

And yes, they were delish !

Scarred
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2020 - 03:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Bolt on the Hobby Room door when not present... or bolt action?

I turned my hobby room into the tool room and moved the hobby room to the living room. All the nieces and nephews and their friends that haunted my house eating my food have now graduated and moved to their adult lives. Finally.
 _GOTOTOP