_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Hong Kong post suspended airmail service
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 06:43 AM UTC
Hi all,
PSA. Hobbyeasy.com just informed me that Hong Kong Post suspended airmail services (e.g. small package shipment for 1/35 kits) due to the reduced air traffic resulting from Covid-19 outbreak. See: https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/about_us/whats_new/notices/index_id_901.html

Super slow surface mail and expensive EMS are still available however. If you order your kits from Hobbyeasy, Luckymodel or any other online shops in Hong Kong, you'll experience extra delays or order cancellations.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 07:47 AM UTC
Thanks for the Heads Up James.
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 10:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all,
PSA. Hobbyeasy.com just informed me that Hong Kong Post suspended airmail services (e.g. small package shipment for 1/35 kits) due to the reduced air traffic resulting from Covid-19 outbreak. See: https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/about_us/whats_new/notices/index_id_901.html

Super slow surface mail and expensive EMS are still available however. If you order your kits from Hobbyeasy, Luckymodel or any other online shops in Hong Kong, you'll experience extra delays or order cancellations.

My experience has been that Speedpost has a cost that is very similar to airmail anyways, when you are ordering 2 or 3 kits and it can no longer go small packet. My last 3 orders to Hobbyeasy in the last year have all been sent Speedpost, in some cases it was even cheaper then airmail.

Note however that today HongKong Post has said that they are speeding up delivery times on surface mail and for North America they are quoting 15 days. Plus I assume whatever time it takes to get from port through customs and through the local postal system to you.
 _GOTOTOP