_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Das Werk: Kugelpanzer
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 01:50 AM UTC

The latest release announcement from Das Werk features this unique one-man German AFV developed in WWII.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
sinistervampire319
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 06:27 AM UTC
Cool!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 02:40 PM UTC
You say "developed" as if a series was tested. Hard to believe and this one feels like that Soviet tank ball that some company offered (MiniArt?) a kit of a while back. Whatever, if you want to build it go ahead; I'll find other ways to entertain myself (Maybe I'll -blasphemy- build an airplane kit).
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 07:14 PM UTC
A walkaround:
https://www.recomonkey.com/Land-Platforms/Tanks/Kugelpanzer/Walkaround/i-sCdp685/A

Must have been a bumpy ride with those steel wheels and no suspension ...
jasegreene
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 751 posts
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2020 - 07:32 AM UTC
This is one I have been hoping for and now excited for.I have already pre-ordered mine over at Mig's website.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2020 - 07:44 AM UTC
While I know it's real, I still can't figure out how they crammed a driver, weapon, engine, and gearbox inside! Lack of exhaust venting is a tad worrisome too...
LOMO77
Visit this Community
Adygea, Russia
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2020 - 09:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You say "developed" as if a series was tested. Hard to believe and this one feels like that Soviet tank ball that some company offered (MiniArt?) a kit of a while back. Whatever, if you want to build it go ahead; I'll find other ways to entertain myself (Maybe I'll -blasphemy- build an airplane kit).

Unlike MiniAart's fantasies, this sharotank is real and is kept in a Museum in Kubinka.
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2020 - 10:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

While I know it's real, I still can't figure out how they crammed a driver, weapon, engine, and gearbox inside! Lack of exhaust venting is a tad worrisome too...

While also not real like the Miniart kit, it is a lot smaller and might give some insight to how that tank ball interior is. https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/image/10535235

My guess is the welded metal piece in the front middle was for a barrel of a weapon and the exhaust would come out the bottom or the training wheel in the rear. Though the box art makes the ball appear bigger the Robin’s link suggests. I will probably get one of these kits as I also have the AMG kit.
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 2,888 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2020 - 11:15 PM UTC
While a cool concept for some anime cartoon, I can't imagine what the practical application for such a thing would be. Doesn't seem like it could effectively traverse any terrain that wasn't a pothole-free road over perfectly level ground. Not to mention zero visibility. Causes me to wonder whether this was conceived to address some identified battlefield shortfall, or just another Hitler/mad scientist fever dream.

HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2020 - 01:14 AM UTC
They once said: When you have constructed something that is interesting for the Wehrmacht, you don`t have to go to the (Eastern) front.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2020 - 01:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

They once said: When you have constructed something that is interesting for the Wehrmacht, you don`t have to go to the (Eastern) front.

Get Busy or Go East .....
 _GOTOTOP