_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Hobby Boss: Upcoming Kits
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2020 - 12:30 PM UTC

Hobby Boss is soon to release a German re-purposed Renault R35 AFV and a V-100 APC as used by the US Air Force.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2020 - 10:05 AM UTC
I like the repurposed French chassis though it must have represent true desperation: the combination of a mediocre gun on a so-so chassis doesn't inspire much.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2020 - 10:47 AM UTC
Possibly one of Alfred Beckers designs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Becker
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2020 - 11:33 AM UTC
Had given up on HobbyBoss making this V-100 variant and bought the MMK conversion. Figures. Wayne
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2020 - 11:49 AM UTC
I agree, Frank, in fact I like the Lorraine and Hotchkiss chasis based artillery and antitank vehicles as well. I assume that this kit is a post 1940 vehicle and not a 1944-45 vehicle due to the small gun. I note that the vehicles mentioned above all worked on a similar bogie set up, similar it seems, to the Sherman set up as well. It must have been very reliable and therefore wise for the Germans to accept into their arsenal. They were in indeed in desperate straights after their invasion of the Soviet Union when they found out that the Soviets had a seemingly endless source of tanks, they used most of the captured tanks they could, while Britain and its commonwealth, Americans, and Russians tended to not use Axis tanks except for the few used to test their capabilities and flaws, like the Panthers Traitor and Coocoo. Ive watched the excellent Mark Felton you tube videos and It seems that at least one Panther was tried out by US forces. As is the case with all of them the Panthers broke down with no replacement parts. But in the case of the Renault, etc, these were reliable enough to be used in Normany but thier downfall were the guns and planes of the Allies, not breakdown.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2020 - 06:56 PM UTC
Germany captured a LOT of French equipment so they had a better "business opportunity" for reusing them including the fact that they had control of the factories that made the stuff. The logistics part of the ownership was covered.
Reusing German tanks was done by the Soviets since they captured more German equipment but still not on the same levels as the Germans could do.
 _GOTOTOP