_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Tamiya Jagdpanther G2 1/35
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 520 posts
Armorama: 488 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2020 - 12:01 AM UTC
Hey folks. Here's my next quarantine build. One of my older shelf queens - a Tamiya Jagdpanther. I originally planned to extensively modify this with spare parts but I mostly settled with just re-purposing the parts that came with the kit. I heard that the Tamiya kit's dimensions is more accurate for a G2 which had a slightly different tool layout as well as some minor armor sloping than a G1 (not that I'm an expert in any way. I just saw someone on track-link do a conversion job so I tried my hand at it.) I also need to practice taking photos: my phone sometimes significantly alters the shade of the paint unless I get good lighting.

So far, I've been advised to do a bit more chipping with dark yellow as well as a bit more dry brushing to bring out the details. I've already done both of those a bit but I guess I need to do just a bit more. Also, my camera skills need work because some of my weathering isn't showing up well like the streaking and the chips. Question: did the exhaust stacks in the rear rust easily? I see a lot of people painting them dark brown.

Would appreciate any constructive feedback! Thanks for looking.

PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2020 - 12:13 AM UTC
Nice,I like the jack block
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts