_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
1/35 Panther G Rear Stowage
Khouli
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 68 posts
Armorama: 68 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 01:07 AM UTC
Does anyone know of who would produce a set of aftermarket battle damaged/scuffed/generally knackered rear stowage bins for a 1/35 Panther G?
dhines
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 407 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 01:17 AM UTC
Aber and Griffon and some others make etch bins, but you have to assemble and damage them yourself. I do not know of a pre damaged set you can buy, but the above ones can be easily damaged during construction. Hope this helps, best regards.....Dale
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 02:41 AM UTC
I think there were a couple of resin sets now out of production, one from Jaguar and one in the equally ancient DML Imperial Series kit with additional battle damaged resin parts.. (there is a white sticker on the box end indicating which option is included)

Some folks have made one from lead foil or thick aluminum foil (like yogurt lids) by embossing the foil over the kit part and then flattening them.
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 06:08 AM UTC
I’ve made some from pewter sheet by scannng the flat bins on an etch sheet and using that to mark out the shape before cutting them out. Took me a few tries but eventually got an acceptable result.

I keep thinking that I should draw them up in CAD so that I can cut them on my plotter.
 _GOTOTOP