_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
IDF M9 'dozer
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 03:25 AM UTC
Can anyone point me to pics of the reservoir, hoses and such including those running under the hull and to the manifold control ass'y and possibly if there are external hoses as the US kit uses? I'm here with one, and need this info to proceed:
IMG_1290 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_1291 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
Thanks in advance.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 03:28 AM UTC
Here is the set-up on a US M60 M9 blade tank. The IDF resevouir setup looks different, but the hoses and their routing should be similar.

GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 04:22 AM UTC
There are no external hoses on the IDF dozer tank. That is why the IDf kept only those particular 30 tanks with Dozers. All the lines are internal.

The lines leave the unit on the fender and go through the rear grille into the engine compartment and then forward.

Russel check your resin pieces you are missing one more piece that rests on the rear of the grilles.

rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - 10:21 AM UTC
Gino, thanks. I have most of that from a Verlinden book, just not how the hoses entered the manifold housing.
Nikos, looking at the drawing Gino posted showing the hoses entering the manifold housing, how does the IDF do that? Internally, as in "through the lower glacis"?
If that's the case, I'm good. And I do have the small piece you're showing, it's still in the box. I was waiting to mount the reservoir until I saw what the fender looked like, which is shown nicely one of your pics, thanks!
Any chance you have a pic or two showing the turret basket on the tank on the transporter? I'll be scratching that soon, unless I find a pic of the same basic tank with a regular "slick" basket.
Thanks again Nikos and Gino.
 _GOTOTOP