_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Academy Wirbelwind 1/35
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 520 posts
Armorama: 488 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 11:44 AM UTC
Hey folks. Here's another kit rescued from the incomplete pile: Academy's Wirbelwind (a clone of Tamiya's 1970s kit. Ew.) I entered her for the unfinished business campaign and managed to get her done within the week. Lotsa time during quarantine.

I had used her as a test bed for applying zimmerit before working on a better kit. I finally managed to give her a coat of paint and do some weathering on her. Not too happy with the running gear, but I'm happy to have given her some paint and looking to move on to other stuff. Thanks for looking and I hope you're all safe during these worrisome times.

Kenaicop
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 1,316 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 12:06 PM UTC
Looks great! Haven’t built WWII German in a long time
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - 01:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks great! Haven’t built WWII German in a long time

Thanks mate The vast variety of camo and markings on them make them an endlessly fascinating subject to model (yes, I'm guilty of owning several Tigers).

I do love modelling allied armor as well though. I'm hoping to pick some Sherman kits up once the COVID-19 quarantine gets lifted. Looking to get some that participated in the liberation of my country (PH) in 1945.
americanpanzer
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 542 posts
Armorama: 539 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - 02:48 AM UTC
Looks good! Great job of weathering; makes it look war-weary; I have the old Tamiya kit in my stash; picked it up some years ago at a contest for a few bucks.
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 03:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks good! Great job of weathering; makes it look war-weary; I have the old Tamiya kit in my stash; picked it up some years ago at a contest for a few bucks.

Thanks mate! Really appreciate it. I do actually enjoy building a lot of the older tamiya kits (except for some of the really old ones that have bad fit and are from the 60s). They're still solid kits and can serve as a cheap testbed for modelling techniques
americanpanzer
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 542 posts
Armorama: 539 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 04:44 AM UTC

Thanks mate! Really appreciate it. I do actually enjoy building a lot of the older tamiya kits (except for some of the really old ones that have bad fit and are from the 60s). They're still solid kits and can serve as a cheap testbed for modelling techniques[/quote]

You are welcome! I'm with you on that; I have several old Tamiya classics (SU-122, T-34/76, M8 Howitzer Motor Carriage, & Stug IV to name a few); still fun to build and with some work can look pretty good when done;
 _GOTOTOP